Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: IMAGE UNITED
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:13 am 

Image United #0

Commentary Track with Kirkman, Giarrusso.

Written by: Robert Kirkman
Art by: Erik Larsen, Whilce Portacio, Ryan Ottley

PRELUDE TO THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY! Meet FORTRESS, the exciting new character created by WHILCE PORTACIO for IMAGE UNITED! He's trapped in a suit that gives him seemingly limitless power that he can barely control, which leads to a confrontation with the Image Universe's favorite cop: Savage Dragon!

Format: FC, 32pg., LIMITED SERIES
Price: $2.99
Release Date: February 24, 2010

Image United #1 (of 6)

Commentary Track with Kirkman, Liefeld.

Art by: Erik Larsen, Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlane, Whilce Portacio, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino

THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY IS HERE! The heroes of the Image Universe are united in order to fight the greatest threat the world as ever faced! You can't miss this historic event as the original Image Founders draw all the characters they made history with. Each page is an amazing jam piece - it's a story told in a way never before attempted in comics!

Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 25, 2009

Image United #2 (of 6)

Commentary Track with Kirkman, McFarlane.

Art by: Erik Larsen, Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlane, Whilce Portacio, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino

THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY CONTINUES! The greatest threat the Image Universe has ever faced makes his first move toward world domination! You can't miss this historic event as the original Image Founders draw all the characters they made history with. Each page is an amazing jam piece - it's a story told in a way never before attempted in comics.

Release Date: December 23, 2009

Image United #3 (of 6)

Commentary Track with Kirkman, Larsen.

THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY CONTINUES! The stage has been set, the pieces are in place - the battle for the entire planet begins here. The villains of the Image Universe are united against the world, but who's pulling their strings?! You can't miss this historic event as the original Image Founders draw all the characters they made history with. Each page is an amazing jam piece - it's a story told in a way never before attempted in comics.

Release Date: August 18, 2010

Image United #4 (of 6)

THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY CONTINUES! Omega Spawn has reached a level of unlimited power and influence. Fortress has failed to unite the heroes in time, but he's not giving up - there may still be time to save the world. With our heroes broken and defeated, scattered across the globe, now may be their last chance.

Release Date: TBD

Image United #5 (of 6)

THE CROSSOVER EVENT OF THE CENTURY CONTINUES! Omega Spawn is aware of the forces aligning against him - and is moving to put an end to the united band of heroes who threaten him. Once again on the defensive, our heroes must make a stand. The fate of the entire world is at stake - and at least one of the heroes will not survive the coming battle.

Image United #6 (of 6)

Solicitation information not released.

Last edited by murch on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: IMAGE UNITED
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:15 am 

I figured I'd post up a new Image United thread just in case anyone forgot about it. :P

Despite all of the delays, I'm really looking forward to seeing this series continue.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am 

Yeah, I'll still happily pick it up even if some of the excitement has gone. Any appearance by Savage Dragon earns my pennies.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:38 am 

I plan on finishing it up when it comes out too. I'm a little OCD about gaps in my collection. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 am 
M3K

im now just gonna wait for the trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:08 am 

Quest Mar-Vell wrote:

Yeah, I probably should - but just can't.

This series, despite the speedbumps, is still an Image fanboy's dream project. It's the artists and the characters that really drew me into comics as a hobby instead of just picking up the odd issue of Amazing Spider-Man at the grocery store.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:37 pm 

Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
Yeah, I'll still happily pick it up even if some of the excitement has gone. Any appearance by Savage Dragon earns my pennies.

Agreed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 pm 

murch wrote:
Quest Mar-Vell wrote:

Yeah, I probably should - but just can't.

This series, despite the speedbumps, is still an Image fanboy's dream project. It's the artists and the characters that really drew me into comics as a hobby instead of just picking up the odd issue of Amazing Spider-Man at the grocery store.

Same here. Plus...now it doesn't matter any more. It's already superlate, I don't care any more how much later it's gonna be. It's not like the story was holding me on the edge of the seat anyway. It comes out when it's ready, and it will look great. Fine for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 am 

I don't think I ever bought issue #2. I'm pretty sure that came out around the time I was really limiting my monthly purchases to stay on budget. It probably makes more sense for me to track down issue #2 and then buy the rest of the series when it comes out. Here's hoping for a 2012 arrival!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:47 am 

Den Frenzy wrote:
I don't think I ever bought issue #2. I'm pretty sure that came out around the time I was really limiting my monthly purchases to stay on budget. It probably makes more sense for me to track down issue #2 and then buy the rest of the series when it comes out. Here's hoping for a 2012 arrival!

#3 is out, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next