Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question for Image re: Standards & Liefeld's Kickstarter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:24 am 

Erik Larsen wrote:
If a guy wanted to pay for it and have books sent direct--you can do that. I'm talking standard comps. I don't need my regular comps sent express mail.

Makes sense, and a good option for creator to have.

Thanks again Erik for clearing up the contradiction between comps being sent straight from the printer or via the Image Office.

Mikey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:39 am 

Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
Nothing I said was contradicted there.

Books CAN sometimes get printed in a week after the files had been delivered. It's possible. It's happened with Savage Dragon as I've had my comps that soon before

Your account in defense of Liefeld of receiving printed comps in the UK a week after the files were sent to the printer seems at odds with Erik's standard comps delivery Gav.

The SD comps DO come directly from the printers.

Again, there seems to be a contradiction in that Erik states that the SD comps come into the Image Office.

Mikey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:48 am 

Those are two different things though.

Erik said that it varies, which is what I also said. It CAN arrive in a week but it's nearer to two. And Erik said the Image office gets them quicker than he does, not that they arrive there and THEN they get sent out. If they then send them from the office then fair enough but I (and Jay) both believed they come direct from the printers.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:23 am 

June 23rd
Mikey wrote:
Liefeld is now pretending the Brigade Kickstarter never existed and focusing all his efforts on promoting and sucking up to Marvel in the hopes of getting some work there.

Seems I got something right.

Mikey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:25 am 

Quote:
Rob, how does it feel to be back at Marvel doing a new project?
Liefeld: Thrilled beyond belief. Seriously, as I've gotten older and my years in comics pile up, I've realized that I'm a Marvel guy for life. All my favorite titles since I was a kid are Marvel titles and in 2015 my favorite titles are Marvel titles.

Great job Image!

Mikey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:57 pm 

Mikey wrote:
Quote:
Rob, how does it feel to be back at Marvel doing a new project?
Liefeld: Thrilled beyond belief. Seriously, as I've gotten older and my years in comics pile up, I've realized that I'm a Marvel guy for life. All my favorite titles since I was a kid are Marvel titles and in 2015 my favorite titles are Marvel titles.

Great job Image!

Mikey

Probably just saying this in relation to the upcoming theatrical release of Deadpool. Never mind the way FF was mangled by Fox, the X-Men film franchise has been (mostly) handled well, and the hype for Deadpool is on the upswing. Rob's sending of love Marvel's way is probably just a part of that plan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:50 am 

Abbot wrote:
Probably just saying this in relation to the upcoming theatrical release of Deadpool. Never mind the way FF was mangled by Fox, the X-Men film franchise has been (mostly) handled well, and the hype for Deadpool is on the upswing. Rob's sending of love Marvel's way is probably just a part of that plan.

Nope, he's promoting his new Marvel Comic book; Deadpool Bad Blood:
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/10/deadpoo ... b-liefeld/
Nobody forced Rob to say all his current favourite titles are Marvel; it's just the kind of fluffer shit he likes to say to suck up to the company he's trying to land a gig with and doesn't have to revert to Bloodstrike and Brigade.

Here he is less than 6 months ago assuring folks he wouldn't return to Marvel:
Liefeld wrote:
“Watching people like Brandon Graham, Erik Larsen and Joe Keatinge produce stories for my characters was a revelation... Like, "why are you doing work for hire when others are working on characters you own?" Bloodstrike and Brigade is me re-focusing my focus!"

For anyone following his 35k Kickstarter debacle that Eric Stephenson wanted to publish through Image, leaving aside the fact that he's now working on a book for Marvel, he's now given 12 specific ship dates that he's missed and has dropped making excuses and turned instead to fake delivery dates every month which seems to please his backers.

Mikey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:23 pm 

Eric Stephenson from Comic Pro today:
Quote:
Just as it seemed that comics were bound for the kind of cultural legitimacy that eluded the art form when mature content was foolishly abandoned with the sudden death of EC Comics in the ‘50s, the market gave in to its most craven impulses. The unprecedented level of creativity that ushered in one of comics' most prosperous periods gave way to gimmicks....Too many comics, with too many covers.

Variant covers......Comics were polybagged, comics were commoditized, and comics were hoarded as speculation ran rampant.

Comics were shipped late, and sometimes not at all, as publishers of all breeds galloped ever onward, with little regard for their readers and next to no respect for retailers.

Funny if it weren't so sad.

Mikey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:42 am 

Ay, guys. An update: I don't know if Liefeld won't be making this Brigade Comic an Image Comic anymore, but I got this/his recent email update, saying/implying that he "was in the process of leaving" the current publisher (who we know was Image Comics) because they wouldn't let him make variant covers, so now he's "meeting" with a new "popular" publisher. (I'm one of his backers) However, now on a recent Facebook post, he posted Bloodstone of Brigade fighting the Bloodstrike character, and hashtagged it #imagecomics. Lol :D

Read his Kickstarter update #57 "Happy Memorial day!!" in May.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:46 am 

Yeah that Update is BS; Rob's running out of excuses for the book never appearing. Shortly after he posted about Image not publishing variant covers (which were part of the package he said they asked to publish) his VARIANT COVER to Image's Jupiter's Legacy 2 was announced.....oops.

There is no other publisher, hence no announcement at Comicon and Rob's latest post about being unsure of publishing 1 or 2 comics for free; publishers like to know this stuff before signing on. Rob doesn't have the money to publish the book for free and anyone considering publishing Brigade just has to look at Rob's recent record on Bloodstrike.

If I were you DanakinImageWalker I'd be more concerned about his subsequent post where he stated that half the Kickstarter funds were already gone on production. Throughout his Kickstarter and it's promotion he stated these funds were for PRINTING and DISTRIBUTION ONLY. It's still there in black and white on his Kickstarter page and in glorious colours in his videos where he reiterates the money he's spent is for Printing and Distribution only; not production.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64 ... ts/1632706

Over 3 years later and you've got no idea what's coming out, when it's coming out or where it's coming out; the publication details of this book have only reversed since he first gave details in July 2013. The only thing you know for a fact is that half the KS money for printing and distribution; $17,500 has disappeared without a page being published.

Liefeld's KS was a scam from the start intended to ripoff his biggest and dumbest fans. Liefeld needed money fast when he launched this KS in May 2013. Liefeld had no money, no credit and wasn't able to pay his mortgage; it's a fact his family home was under foreclosure when he launched the KS. Liefeld had no intention of giving away free comics when his family were losing the roof over their heads and his only other option would have been to work for a living. Liefeld used the KS money to produce all the liscensed prints and variants and ltd editions to live until his Deadpool ship came in unexpectedly.

Now that he has all that Deadpool cash he still has no intention of paying back fans he clearly sees as dumb enough to continue scamming; every update in the last year or so has been a nonsensical step backward on a book that's becoming less and less likely to be published (according to his posts) while the money dissappears and his supporters thank him for the updates and pledge their support to him.

Mikey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next