Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Question for Image re: Standards & Liefeld's Kickstarter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:52 pm 

Thanks for the reply, and good info Mikey!! I just read through all of the Liefeld's kickstarter comments since the campaign ended in June 2013 last night. All kinds of guys bitterly asked for, and got refunds. One guy's mom passed away, and he has to move into his uncle's house, so he requested a new survey. (Hence, still hoping for the comic books) One guy on update #57 responded something like, "so Image is not producing the book??" One guy said that he pledged $5,100 dollars, but that Liefeld came to his convention; thus, Liefeld told him that he couldn't get the refund. And a handful of pledges in the thousand dollars or thousands of dollars range. And all originally wanted his comic to just become an Image Comic. Image Expo was young too. Lol :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm 

Look at the status of the Kickstarter now Danakin compared to 3 years ago, when it actually had a publication date, Liefeld wasn't spending all his time working for Marvel or doing variant covers or online shows promoting his Marvel work.

Get a refund asap and spend it on creators and publishers who respect their fans; Monstress maybe?

Mikey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:32 pm 

Update from Facebook: Now, Liefeld is talking about bringing Youngblood to Image Comics. Creators have been named, and art is shown on YouTube. And he says that it's for next year from Image Comics' 25th anniversary. Then he showed people his Youngblood screenplay from his website.

Then, in another post, he said that his other 3 titles: Brigade, Avengylyne, and Bloodstrike are the other movies from comics that he's been working on for a while now. And he hashtagged that post #imagecomics. Backers on his Brigade Kickstarter are seeing this too, and one asked for him to make Brigade into an Image Comics comic still from the Youngblood news.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12