Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question for Image re: Standards & Liefeld's Kickstarter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:38 am 

I stand corrected; thanks for the correction Jay.

How long does it normally take from delivering files to the Image Office to recieving your comps from the printer?

Have you ever received comps in the mail 8 days after sending the files into image?

Mikey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:02 pm 

It should also probably be noted that not everyone receives their comps on the same day. For some reason, despite being further away than him, I usually end up receiving my Dragon comps before Erik, sometimes even by a few days.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:54 pm 

Mikey wrote:
Hi BrightRaven, I think you must have missed the part where I said "Bleeding Cool, CBR, The Beat etc. won't touch big negative stories about high profile creators." as all the pieces you refer to and quote from are what's known in the industry as PROMO or PUFF pieces shilling whatever Liefeld is looking to sell or promote (as BC, CBR and the Beat did for the Brigade KS).

No, I didn't miss it.

1) Bleeding Cool isn't a journalism site. It's a industry rumor site.

2) You asked "where?" when I said, "What more do you want Rich to do? Go chase Kickstarter and ask them what they're going to do about it? HE HAS. Kickstarter aren't going to do shit. And he's reported as much about it." Rich contacted Kickstarter in both February and April of 2015 and never heard back about it, and stated as much. He made note of this in the followup threads (On February 23, 2015 off the 2/18 article and again on April 7, 2015, off the 3/20 article). He also mentioned the continued absence of Brigade in follow up commentary, when Bloodstrike #2 was solicited for August 2015 release from Image on May 19, 2015.

Furthermore, as I stated earlier, the BC audience further deconstructed the articles and ridiculed Liefeld on the site. Which is typically all Rich ever does, is maybe stir some shit up and get maybe a dozen people to yak it up for a couple days.

3) As a former comics journalist myself, I've received press releases directly from Rob, and no, what Rich posted was not the same was what Rob sent me. Comparative to other sites' coverage, Rich was clearly being critical.

If you expect Rich to go after Rob Liefeld as though he was Rob Granito or Josh Hoopes, then no, that's not going to happen. Rich is not a true journalist, nor does he have the finances to play legal games if he were to go after Liefeld in such manner.

The next question I'm sure you want to ask is since I am a former comics journalist, is why haven't *I* gone after Rob? I did. In 1996, when he was doing CAPTAIN AMERICA and wasn't paying his colorists, I reported that and contacted both him directly and Marvel about it and the matter got resolved, with Marvel cutting checks to all parties separately. I did it again in I want to say 1999, when he wasn't paying Blond for his colors on WOLVERINE #154-157 and Blond went to whomever was the Wolverine editor about it, and I reported on that. I also investigated and reported on a number of other incidents involving Rob's lack of paying and/or extensively delayed payments to other parties between 1997-2001.

But I am not going to play ambulance chaser, either. If the publishers and audiences doesn't care - and clearly they do not, otherwise he wouldn't keep being hired, wouldn't receive the support via Kickstarter - then I saw no sense in continuing to waste resources on that, when there were and are many other people far more worthy of my time and energy to report on.

Which brings us to now. Even if Rob was doing everything perfectly, and all his shit was delivered through the KS and through Image on time, he would represent less than 0.07% of all of Image's solicited product. He is fucking meaningless in the overall scope of what Image currently represents. Do I like that he's at Image? No. The man resigned / was fired from the partnership and removed from the group for a reason. Whether he's been forgiven for those transgressions or not, whether Jim V., Erik, Robert and Eric are all best of buds with Rob or whatever... once he was removed, that should have been the end of everything Rob Liefeld related at this company, forever, just on principle. That's just my opinion on that matter.

But ultimately, it's THEIR company, and they're going to run it how THEY want to. No matter how much you hate it, Mikey. They don't have to answer to you, or to me, or (arguably) to anybody they publish, either, because if Faerber or DeConnick or Snyder or any other party who is not a Partner Member doesn't like it, they can simply be told they can leave and take their product with them to another publisher.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:45 am 

Read my copy of Bloodstrike 2. Getting closer and closer to Brigade.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm 

This is odd. Bloodstrike #4 was listed in the latest Image solicitations, but its nowhere to be found in the current Previews order form.

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:37 pm 

John Pannozzi wrote:
This is odd. Bloodstrike #4 was listed in the latest Image solicitations, but its nowhere to be found in the current Previews order form.

I have not been following this series, and frankly, I can't imagine it's any good. I notice in all the heated discussion of the solicitation and publication delays and what not, nobody has brought up the quality of the book. Is it worth reading? I think I read the first 10 or 12 issues of the original 90s run of Bloodstrike and found it completely mediocre. Only thing memorable about the book was the gratuitous violence. So anyone checking this out? My local comic shop isn't getting shelf copies, but even if they did, I probably wouldn't give it a shot unless there were a glowing recommendation.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:58 pm 

Mikey wrote:
How long does it normally take from delivering files to the Image Office to recieving your comps from the printer?
It can vary a lot. Usually the Image office gets sent a few copies very early--a week or two. But I've gotten comps as late as four to five weeks. Sometimes later than books being delivered to stores.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:44 am 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Mikey wrote:
It can vary a lot. Usually the Image office gets sent a few copies very early--a week or two. But I've gotten comps as late as four to five weeks. Sometimes later than books being delivered to stores.

Cheers for the info Erik; that's what I thought too but it seems we were wrong!

You should have a word with your Editor and get upgraded to the 'Liefeld Plan' where Image gets your Con Exclusive copies sent directly to you from the printers 8 days after the files are sent!

Mikey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:41 am 

Mikey wrote:
Erik Larsen wrote:
Mikey wrote:

You should have a word with your Editor and get upgraded to the 'Liefeld Plan' where Image gets your Con Exclusive copies sent directly to you from the printers 8 days after the files are sent!

Mikey

Why would Erik need to have a word with me? Nothing I said was contradicted there. I don't get your hostility at all.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:40 pm 

Mikey wrote:
Erik Larsen wrote:
Mikey wrote:

If a guy wanted to pay for it and have books sent direct--you can do that. I'm talking standard comps. I don't need my regular comps sent express mail.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next