Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Spawn's latest Larsen/McFarlane run had like Nuff' said acti
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 pm 

Hi guys!! I've received my Savage Dragon comic in the mail from my subscription, and I've collected all of the recent Larsen/McFarlane Spawn run issues. Do you remember Marvel's 'Nuff said', issues with pure action, but no words in the early 2000's?? I sure do, and the Spawn fighting in hell recent issues had that, but as a compliment. Plus, Larsen added dialogue to it when Spawn, or Satan spoke; you could feel Savage Dragon vibes from it. There were pages with very little dialogue in it, and they were splash pages, and double page spreads. I liked it. And now I'm seeing future covers that I won't spoil, but that intrigue me. Larsen told me that he helped McFarlane out on the script and dialogue, but not taking full credit, but partial credit.

And Larsen says that he's pulling all nighters till he sleeps at 6:00 am in the morning, which is what I'm doing on my hobby comic, and living next to his city (Daly City to his San Francisco). And that's awesome as it's still like the founder's days in the early 90s where studios went mad!! I'll head over to FED EX next month to scan my inked art board pages!!

So, you guys keep the good times going. Image Expo might return to the bay again next year, or even this year!! Subscribing has made me more loyal. Lol :)

Post subject: Re: Spawn's latest Larsen/McFarlane run had like Nuff' said
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 am 

Spawn is co-written with Todd McFarlane. We go over the plot--I write a first pass and Todd rewrites it as he sees fit. So you may be reading my dialogue--or it may very well be Todd. In the case of Spawn 258 (my first in this run) that was Todd. He scripted that one on his own.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post subject: Re: Spawn's latest Larsen/McFarlane run had like Nuff' said
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:04 pm 

Hey, Erik!! Somehow I got no email notification of your reply, but I checked on this board after leaving my guaranteed reply on your Savage Dragon comic. (Maybe I didn't check it's box)

I did see some of your style of scripted dialogue in Spawn. We appreciate how you've done the original Image founders issues, such as: Savage Dragon, Supreme, and then Spawn!! And always monthly on time!! Subscription guys love it!! Lol :-)