Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I saw Image Comics printed in Portland for the first time.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 pm 

So, I opened up my January 2017 Savage Dragon comic, and now it no longer prints being made in Berkeley, but Portland now instead. I imagined a ghost town of the old Berkeley building, and sadness like how we in the bay area all lost good community.

Plus, now all bay area high school, and college graduates can't match their degrees to a Berkeley Image Comics comic. How many years was Image Comics in the bay area to do it?? I'm guessing 12 from Stephenson's quote on how, "the bay area has changed in 12 years."

I got my name in an Image Comics comic dated in October 2016; meaning, I made it in the last 3 months that they were here in the bay area!!

I guess that Image Comics wasn't meant to be in the bay area forever like how Marvel is for New York.

I still have photos of Image Expo in San Francisco!! Now, vintage?? Lol. :P

Post subject: Re: I saw Image Comics printed in Portland for the first tim
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:29 am 

Image didn't start out in the Bay Area--it started out in the LA area--Malibu Comics was in Westlake Village, CA and when Image broke off we settled in Anaheim, CA and later Orange, CA. Even when it was in Berkeley it bounced around from one building to another. It was in three different locations in Berkeley. So it's really not analogous to Marvel or DC in New York. Image has moved around quite a bit. The only change here is that it's no longer in the state of California.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:09 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Image didn't start out in the Bay Area--it started out in the LA area--Malibu Comics was in Westlake Village, CA and when Image broke off we settled in Anaheim, CA and later Orange, CA. Even when it was in Berkeley it bounced around from one building to another. It was in three different locations in Berkeley. So it's really not analogous to Marvel or DC in New York. Image has moved around quite a bit. The only change here is that it's no longer in the state of California.

Oh, ok. I remember reading how Image was in the LA area on Wikipedia, but then I think they edited it. I forgot to mention it with just bay area talk instead. Funny thing is, that now we got San Francisco comic con, and Image dropped out of the first one. Thus, it's gone like Wondercon!! But we got Moscone back!! Wondercon's old spot!!

We all appreciated having a big time company here with us like Image and Image Expo because Wondercon left us. Let's see what San Francisco comic con does. Like you said of the Presidential candidates, "the ball is now in your court." Lol :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:01 am 

And none of this has to do where Image is "printed", btw. Image comics were never "printed" in Berkeley and they won't be "printed" in Portland. This move means the office is no longer in Berkeley--the printers remain elsewhere.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:58 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
And none of this has to do where Image is "printed", btw. Image comics were never "printed" in Berkeley and they won't be "printed" in Portland. This move means the office is no longer in Berkeley--the printers remain elsewhere.

Oh. I get it. Just that on the front page, it says 'Portland' now.

I was thinking about it, and realized that the California Image guys are scattered, and Top Cow's still around in the LA area. (Culver City I think) So, Image Comics is still here like when we meet up at conventions. This message boards helps out too.

My comic book shop owner sold his store to a new owner, and moved back to the Philippines last month too, but will visit it at times. Flying Colors and Comix Experience does signings. Thus, just as things are moving away, events spring up that make it as lively as Image's birth back in 1992.

However, all of the youth in the bay area was too wild back then, and the bay has gone into a coma ever since.

Image's move to Portland certifies the bay's coma; "you bay area homeboys just chill now. We thought this could turn into 90s so cal."

And so cal remains wild!! Phat Collectibles, and Disneyland, Wondercon, and Liefeld. We'll see how lively Portland turns out. My uncle lives there, and my cousin on my mom's side. I heard your bro lives in Washington.

Lol :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 am 

In terms of where Image Partners are living--nothing changes. I still live in San Francisco--Todd still lives in Phoenix--etc.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:51 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
In terms of where Image Partners are living--nothing changes. I still live in San Francisco--Todd still lives in Phoenix--etc.

That's good. But I think that Eric Stephenson moved there. Or maybe not. He announced the move though.

I'm glad that you're living in San Francisco which is next to my Daly City.

I had a dream that comic book creators came to my college, San Francisco State University, that I graduated from to make the art school students draw comics. Now, SFSU has 'Comics Studies' classes (2) being taught there, and 'Comics Studies' will become a minor (attached to people's majors when they graduate as majors can be minors too).

That's some great news about the bay area!! Lol :P