Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2010s Image Universe comics box set is gold my dad says.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:57 am 

Hi, again guys. I organized all of my 2010's Image Universe comics, and ended up with a box, and a quarter worth of them.

I have my 1992 and early 90s Image Comics too which are all Image Universe.

In 2012, on Image's 20th birthday/anniversary, at Image Expo, I brought in all of my 90s Image Comics to get signed. What I didn't know was that those days had stopped, and changed with many non Image Universe titles. However, paradoxically, they'd come back maybe. I vaguely felt it. And they did with the '20th' anniversary logo on all covers.

I read all of my Image Universe comics, yet never knew what 'Image Universe' was. Even guys hinted at it at that Image Expo about the Image United series, that never completed.

The Image Universe titles that I collected were: Spawn, Savage Dragon, Haunt, Supreme, Cyberforce, The Darkness, Artifacts, Witchblade, IX Generation (Aphrodite), Youngblood, Bloodstrike, and Invincible.

My dad called it 'gold'.

So, I read on Wikipedia too about what the Image Universe was. What was interesting was that even if Rob Liefeld's Kickstarter Brigade comic comes out, but isn't branded Image, Brigade is indeed part of the Image Universe. And, may come back to Image branding.

Moreso, Jim Lee's Wildstorm which is part of DC Comics now is, or was part of the Image Universe too.

The three founders that keep the Image Universe alive today consistently, are: Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, and Marc Silvestri. Robert Kirkman too with his comic, Invincible although it's ending in 12 more issues which has drawn Larsen's attention in his letters column from his comic, Savage Dragon.

Silvestri drew a poster of all last Image Universe characters on top of the Seattle tower from Emerald City Comic Con. And I have that poster, yet again never knew what it was.

The question is: can we as fan creators, create our own hobby Image Comics comic that will integrate into the Image Universe?? And bring it to Larsen in artists alley at a convention?? I have a new character, and script. The title is up in the air.

Liefeld posted on Facebook that his Extreme Studios' titles will come out this year. Youngblood for Image. Brigade probably not, but it will also still guaranteed have the '25th Anniversary' logo. But not Image Comics logo I don't think. Stay tuned. Lol :P

Post subject: Re: 2010s Image Universe comics box set is gold my dad says.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:27 am 

You can do whatever you want as a fan project. You just cant sell it, since you dont own the IPs.

Post subject: Re: 2010s Image Universe comics box set is gold my dad says.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 am 

Dark-Flux wrote:
You can do whatever you want as a fan project. You just cant sell it, since you dont own the IPs.

Thanks, for the reply!! I have now figured out a revised script, and better title name. And I finished penciling my hobby Marvel comic, so I can pencil my Image Comics hobby comic now!!

Take it easy next month!! Buy comics, but the Zelda game too!! The continuity is too good right now!! We're already famous in the business!! Image Comics is the ticket!! Lol :P