Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movie Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:58 am 
M3K Don

I rather enjoyed it. I especially liked the creator. I like smart people who are really smart but not socially awkward.

I was really shocked at the ending, then I thought about it and said "Typical woman". :lol:
Quote:
you might have a hard time finding those in real life though. most of the 'really smart people' are also autistic. were cool like that. 8-)

:lol:

Nah Bruh, most Autistic people are not socially cool,

hence, why I said the guy in the movie was cool. He wasn't autistic, he was just REALLY REALLY smart.

I like smart people you can have a decent conversation without thinking...DAFUQ'S IS WRONG WITH THIS DUDE? Cuz if it gets to that point then everything that person says or does is weird and nerdy as hell. CONVO.IS.OVER.

Learn to be cool. If you studied enough to learn something, also take some classes in learning to be socially cool. :lol:

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 am 

lbalbalba wrote:
Spy_Number_5 wrote:
I can kind of excuse the A-team, they were on the run. They had to improvise more. It fit their story line. See what I mean about internal consistency???!!!!

and while on this subject, really ? these guys came in with *nothing* but the shirts on their backs, went into an abandoned woodshed in an remote isolated village, which contained nothing more than scrap metal, and somehow still managed to single handedly build out of it : fully automatic military grade weapons, a full blown tank, and a frakkin spaceship to blow the bad guys from outer orbit.
dont get me wrong, i *loved* the series as a kid, but... when a helicopter flies head first into a mountain, the helicopter explodes totally and crashes into the ground, and *then* the occupants of the helicopter proceed to walk out of the exploded and crashed helicopter totally unharmed... somehow that doesnt make my criteria for 'believable consistent fiction'.

I said "Kinda". You forgot the fact they never seemed to run out of ammo.

sometimes I can settle for "good enough". Some of the crap is really egregious though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm 

EL Madman wrote:
I rather enjoyed it. I especially liked the creator. I like smart people who are really smart but not socially awkward.

I was really shocked at the ending, then I thought about it and said "Typical woman". :lol:
Quote:
you might have a hard time finding those in real life though. most of the 'really smart people' are also autistic. were cool like that. 8-)

hence, why I said the guy in the movie was cool. He wasn't autistic, he was just REALLY REALLY smart.

I like smart people you can have a decent conversation without thinking...DAFUQ'S IS WRONG WITH THIS DUDE? Cuz if it gets to that point then everything that person says or does is weird and nerdy as hell. CONVO.IS.OVER.

Learn to be cool. If you studied enough to learn something, also take some classes in learning to be socially cool. :lol:

8-)

lol you totally missed my point there. the 'cool' i referred to is the 'smart' bit, not the 'social' bit. and, sorry to have to point this out to you again, but in real life - in contrast to your fiction - the really smart people are socially awkward, and more often than not autistic. and good luck in finding *ANY* class that teaches anyone 'how to be cool (in the social sense)'. there arent any, just the regular scammers that claim: "You can be the Coolest guy around with Just This One Magic Sentence ! Now go Spend $$$ !!!'.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:06 pm 

Spy_Number_5 wrote:
lbalbalba wrote:
Spy_Number_5 wrote:
I can kind of excuse the A-team, they were on the run. They had to improvise more. It fit their story line. See what I mean about internal consistency???!!!!

and while on this subject, really ? these guys came in with *nothing* but the shirts on their backs, went into an abandoned woodshed in an remote isolated village, which contained nothing more than scrap metal, and somehow still managed to single handedly build out of it : fully automatic military grade weapons, a full blown tank, and a frakkin spaceship to blow the bad guys from outer orbit.
dont get me wrong, i *loved* the series as a kid, but... when a helicopter flies head first into a mountain, the helicopter explodes totally and crashes into the ground, and *then* the occupants of the helicopter proceed to walk out of the exploded and crashed helicopter totally unharmed... somehow that doesnt make my criteria for 'believable consistent fiction'.

I said "Kinda". You forgot the fact they never seemed to run out of ammo.

sometimes I can settle for "good enough". Some of the crap is really egregious though.

well in the end it's all about 'suspension of disbelief'. i just get the feeling i have a whole lot easier time to suspend my disbelief than you are able to suspend yours.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 pm 
M3K Don

lbalbalba wrote:
EL Madman wrote:

Quote:

8-)

lol you totally missed my point there. the 'cool' i referred to is the 'smart' bit, not the 'social' bit. and, sorry to have to point this out to you again, but in real life - in contrast to your fiction - the really smart people are socially awkward, and more often than not autistic. and good luck in finding *ANY* class that teaches anyone 'how to be cool (in the social sense)'. there arent any, just the regular scammers that claim: "You can be the Coolest guy around with Just This One Magic Sentence ! Now go Spend $$$ !!!'.

Wes teaches that class every other Tuesday.

Worth every red cent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:33 am 

EL Madman wrote:
Wes teaches that class every other Tuesday.

Worth every red cent.

well if wes teaches the class, it must be legit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:23 am 

I was always popular at parties. I fixed the sound system when it broke. I fixed the lighting systems. I fixed the appliances so food could be heated up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:11 pm 
M3K Don

Spy_Number_5 wrote:
I was always popular at parties. I fixed the sound system when it broke. I fixed the lighting systems. I fixed the appliances so food could be heated up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:22 am 
M3K

Rip Bill Paxton, dood was a legend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:45 am 

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465  Next