Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:06 pm 
Offline
M3K
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am
Posts: 31589
Location: sinnoh
EL Madman wrote:
We only post to laugh and have fun.

Once in awhile were informative. But we don't come here for the info.

We come here cuz;

we all wanna go, where every-body knows you screen nameeee....do do da do. And there always glad you came...do do da do.

-Cheers

Well I do love the info on when the comics come out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 am 
Offline
M3K Don
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 pm
Posts: 10713
Meh. At this point I just go to the comic shop once a month to pick up my books.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:43 am 
Offline
M3K
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am
Posts: 31589
Location: sinnoh
I haven't been in a comic shop in years lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 am 
Offline
M3K Don
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 pm
Posts: 10713
wesofthedead wrote:
I haven't been in a comic shop in years lol


reading them online for free I see.

Never grow up Peter Pan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm 
Offline
M3K
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am
Posts: 31589
Location: sinnoh
EL Madman wrote:
wesofthedead wrote:
I haven't been in a comic shop in years lol


reading them online for free I see.

Never grow up Peter Pan.

Don't worry I wont


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Posts: 3254
Me neither. But I am a cautionary tale. I am (2016-1972 = 44) 44 years old (Yes, I had to do the math) No wife (not even an ex-wife) No children (may be some but none have ever contacted me; I looked and did not find any and I would have tried to support them if I had found any) Living at home with not much of a future.

So may be I should have grown up when I had the chance.

The only thing that I did right was have as much fun as I could and still do. My grandparents worked their entire lives, built up a large retirement and then between the healthcare and elderly care business, they lost everything. So life lesson for anyone that cares, spend everything now, you will not be allowed to keep it when you are old. Some asshole doctor or old folks home will take it all. I am not kidding, the old folks home will wipe you out completely.

I kind of hope to make it to 82 years old, just so I have a few years to say, "Yeah, I beat the curve." but I hope to die soon after. I do not have to worry about elderly care because I have absolutely nothing for them to take.

I wonder what my grandfather would have done differently if he had known that all of his hard work and sacrifices would only benefit a long term elderly care system. He missed birthdays, holidays, worked 16 hour days 6 days a week. For what? So some rich elderly home owner could take all of his savings, his home (he had to sell it), pretty much everything. I wonder if he would have spent more time with his family and friends when he was younger. Spent a little more time fishing and doing the things he truly enjoyed?


Anyway do not get old in the U.S.A. it is expensive and if you are not super rich, what ever you managed to save will be gone in about 5 years of entering an elderly care facility.

I think the Viltrumite retirement plan is not a bad way to go. When you are to old to be of any use, you are beaten to death. Not a bad system really. :P

_________________
The Dude Abides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:09 am 
Offline
M3K Don
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 pm
Posts: 10713
wesofthedead wrote:
EL Madman wrote:
wesofthedead wrote:
I haven't been in a comic shop in years lol


reading them online for free I see.

Never grow up Peter Pan.

Don't worry I wont



YAY!

and the Spybomb of Knowledge and Truth goes....BOOM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm 
Offline
M3K
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am
Posts: 31589
Location: sinnoh
Spy_Number_5 wrote:
Me neither. But I am a cautionary tale. I am (2016-1972 = 44) 44 years old (Yes, I had to do the math) No wife (not even an ex-wife) No children (may be some but none have ever contacted me; I looked and did not find any and I would have tried to support them if I had found any) Living at home with not much of a future.

So may be I should have grown up when I had the chance.

The only thing that I did right was have as much fun as I could and still do. My grandparents worked their entire lives, built up a large retirement and then between the healthcare and elderly care business, they lost everything. So life lesson for anyone that cares, spend everything now, you will not be allowed to keep it when you are old. Some asshole doctor or old folks home will take it all. I am not kidding, the old folks home will wipe you out completely.

I kind of hope to make it to 82 years old, just so I have a few years to say, "Yeah, I beat the curve." but I hope to die soon after. I do not have to worry about elderly care because I have absolutely nothing for them to take.

I wonder what my grandfather would have done differently if he had known that all of his hard work and sacrifices would only benefit a long term elderly care system. He missed birthdays, holidays, worked 16 hour days 6 days a week. For what? So some rich elderly home owner could take all of his savings, his home (he had to sell it), pretty much everything. I wonder if he would have spent more time with his family and friends when he was younger. Spent a little more time fishing and doing the things he truly enjoyed?


Anyway do not get old in the U.S.A. it is expensive and if you are not super rich, what ever you managed to save will be gone in about 5 years of entering an elderly care facility.

I think the Viltrumite retirement plan is not a bad way to go. When you are to old to be of any use, you are beaten to death. Not a bad system really. :P

My gramma was the same way, saved a ton of money her whole life, all got spent living in a home the last couple years of her life


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Posts: 3254
I am a bit behind in my comics. I am trying to catch up. Is Invincible really ending???? :(

_________________
The Dude Abides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Invincible Ending?!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm
Posts: 10900
Location: Las Vegas
Spy_Number_5 wrote:
I am a bit behind in my comics. I am trying to catch up. Is Invincible really ending???? :(


Unfortunately, yes. Only 13 more issues and it ends with #144.

_________________
My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_Universe_Wiki


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group