Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am 

So I figured we needed a Movie thread where we can discuss what was the last thing we saw and our thoughts and what not? What does everyone think?

Well this week I watched John Carter for the second time on DVD and I loved it. First time I watched it in theaters I was exhausted, so I missed a lot. I think people should give this film a chance as it's pretty damn awesome. I really enjoyed how a certain battle in the middle of the film was cut.

Also watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows and enjoyed that as well. Loved how the end played out, which was very unexpected as I've never read the books.

Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 pm 

I saw the Grey recently. I kept thinking, "I should turn this off. I should turn this off." But I kept watching it and ended up kicking myself for not turning it off. The Grey is easily in the Top 5 Dumbest Movies of 2012.

I also saw the Heir Apparent Largo Winch. I liked it. It's a pretty standard action flick that's a Franco-Belgian co-production that I felt was a good adaption to a comic I've never heard about. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:57 pm 

I loved the Grey, but to each his own. Any reason why you didn't like it?

Haven't seen Largo Winch, but it just came out on DVD not so long ago and the trailers were interesting enough. Might have to check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 am 

Benny Hasa wrote:
Haven't seen Largo Winch, but it just came out on DVD not so long ago and the trailers were interesting enough. Might have to check it out.

You should. Both Largo Winch are pretty good Action-Adventure-Thirller movies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 am 

Last movie I watched was The Secret World of Arrietty the latest Studio Ghibli release. I love Studio Ghibli, and this movie was no exception. Lush animation, and a classic story. It only really suffers from a shortish run time, and one really blatant plot hole.

Sooooo pretty.

Other Studio Ghibli movies Castle in the Sky and Whispers of the Heart also got Blu-ray relases last month, neither of which I had ever watched. Both were... sort of magical. And the animation. THE ANIMATION. Life is good. I only wish it wasn't such a grind to get the rest of the Ghibli library on Blu-ray. Takes FOREVER.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am 

Jim Purcell wrote:
Last movie I watched was The Secret World of Arrietty the latest Studio Ghibli release. I love Studio Ghibli, and this movie was no exception. Lush animation, and a classic story. It only really suffers from a shortish run time, and one really blatant plot hole.

Sooooo pretty.

Other Studio Ghibli movies Castle in the Sky and Whispers of the Heart also got Blu-ray relases last month, neither of which I had ever watched. Both were... sort of magical. And the animation. THE ANIMATION. Life is good. I only wish it wasn't such a grind to get the rest of the Ghibli library on Blu-ray. Takes FOREVER.

Stuido Ghibli films are always top notch, sadly I haven't seen this one. Last one I watched was Ponyo, so I need to check it out. I've always had a soft spot for my neighbor Totoro. Still, I need to check this one out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am 

Bendrix wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:

There are two films in the series?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:50 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
Bendrix wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:

There are two films in the series?

In Germany there are. Not sure if the second one made it to the states, yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm 

Reasons why I didn't like the Grey:

1. The wolves acted unrealistically.
2. It's unrealistic to leave a crash site.
3. They didn't make any weapons from the wreckage.
4. Taking wallets instead of weapons.
5. The CGI wolves looked horrible.
6. It's below zero weather yet people are sleeping without hats, gloves, and a thin blanket.
7. The wolves made it down the mountain fast enough to eat Talget.
8. How come Hendrik doesn't know how to hold his breath underwater?
9. Why did the alpha wolf let Ottway take his time looking at photos and stuff before they fought?
10. The ending was stupid.

Benny, the second Largo Winch is called the Burma Conspiracy and real hard to find in the U.S., even via internet. Yeah, there are some places that'll sell it, but they sell it for a big price. Small wonder I haven't gotten around to seeing it. In any case, I recommend just checking out the first Winch and seeing if you like it.

Another movie that I liked was 2011's "Puncture" starring Chris "Captain America" Evans. It's not to everyone's liking. Evans plays a drug addicted lawyer that battles a health supply corporation. Some people couldn't get passed the fact that Evans is supposed to be an addict but he has an outstanding physique, but I found it plausible. Puncture isn't as stunning as the Insider, nor is it Erin Brokavich, but it gets the job done if you're looking for a good courtroom drama.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm 

Watched "John Carter" with the family a couple weeks ago, and now we own it; we absolutely LOVED it. 50 years from now, advertising executive students will read how Disney completely dropped the ball on the marketing of this movie. Seriously- this *could have* been a $400 million dollar bonanza, but due to shitty marketing, it tanked.
Regardless- glad we caved and rented it. I was impressed with how much I liked it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next