Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:22 am 

Mine too.

Thanks to Ryan Reynolds who fought for that movie very hard. And it makes me Forget about that horrible Wolverine movie with that terrible Deadpool rip off Thing...

Also saw The Martian: Was ok, visually not as good as Gravity and also not very dramatic but i could sit through it without getting bored.
Matt Damon Looks definitly like he lost his babyface...he Looks kinda grown up now...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:50 pm 

I liked The Martian too, but the book was better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:57 am 

Batman vs. Superman

Without telling too much, ist heavy, dark and gritty, but not in the way i would have like it. DC´s trying too much all at once. Would have worked when the Story was just Superman vs Batman. I was very unsatisified when i left the Cinema...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:30 am 

Oh boy. Batman Versus Superman is at 33% on Rotten Tomatoes, and honestly that kind of makes me sad. I'm pretty sure I will still like it as I'm a huge Zack Snyder fan (yup), but this doesn't fill me with hope that DC's plan of films will work out the way they intended. It sounds like people find it too dark, which is something Snyder is known for, but I guess it was just something they didn't expect.

Most of the time, not having good review for a film of this kind means it won't set the box office on fire. I'm sure it will make a shit ton of money in the first weekend, but I have a feeling people won't be turning to go watch it a second time like a lot did with the new Star Wars movie.

I think I'll enjoy it, but maybe I'm just easy to please (minus a show that's about to go full retard and jump the shark). Either way, can't wait to watch it and see Doomsday. I really hope that battle is epic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:45 am 

Saw BvS; loved it. May have been that might expectations were seriously lowered based on the reviews but 99% of the criticisms didn't stand up for me. Having seen it most of the critical reviews seem to have been looking for something to bash or they expected a different type of movie.

For the record I hated Snyder's Superman (and loved his Watchmen) and wasn't enamored by any of Nolan's bat flicks.

I suspect anything I found iffy is down to scenes being snipped so I can't wait for the longer version.

The main protagonists are VERY much Miller's versions in the first Dark Knight.

Mikey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:27 pm 

Superman V Batman. Watched it and loved it. However, I can see how someone may not like this. It's not a happy movie, and it's not kid friendly at all. It's dark, violent, and depressing. Even with that, I really enjoyed it and reminded me a lot of Frank Miller's the Dark Knight Returns. I loved Affleck as Batman and was easily my favorite interpretation of the character.

Wonder Woman was everything I would want from Wonder Woman, and Henry Cavill is fitting into his role as Superman quite well. I wish there was more of Doomsday, but the fight was awesome. I do wish he would have at least said "Doomsday". Jesse Eisenberg wasn't quite playing the Lex we all know and hate. He was kinda playing Jessie Eisenberg that had a few too many blows to the head and it honestly still worked for me.

Overall, a great film, but if you're expect something similar to the fun times you would expect from Marvel flicks or Deadpool think again. It's a different type of film that won't please a lot of the general audience, but it is a well made film. Thumbs up from me.

Also this is freaking brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:18 am 

Dont understand me wrong, there were some great things in BvS but i would have loved just Batman and Superman. Wonder WWoman was great but unnecessary and it felt konvoluted and strechted with Doomsday and all that. I understand DC wanted to start the Justice League with this and they are in a rush because Marvel already has all this, but hell i didnt like the build up.

Same with TV Shows and the NOT Connection with the Cinema Versions. What a crap.

Sorry Marvel is way better than DC in that regard. Even the Shows and the movies fit together...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:28 am 

B VS S was okay, I just feel the only character that fit the role was Wonder Woman and Alfred as well lol! All of this was just a prelude to get them together for the Justice League. Ben Affleck as Batman was terrible imo. And he killed people, when did Batman kill people and is alright with that? Henry Cavill as Superman was never a good idea. and that was supposed to be Doomsday? I remember Doomsday and that wasn't him lol! Other than all the other Batman films, Marvel has DC won over for me

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:05 am 

CA Civil War: great Captain America/Captain America & Ironman/Avengers 2.5 (guest-starring Spider-man) flick.

Nearly but not quite as good as CA2 but pretty damn close.

Considering all the set up it had to do in terms of the next Avengers flick, Spider-man and the Black Panther it flows remarkably well. better in that respect than Avengers 2.

There's 2 End Title scenes; the first one is the meatiest in terms of an epilogue wrapping up the Cap Trilogy (and possibly leading into the Black Panther flick) and the scene at the VERY end is only worth hanging around for if you're a diehard Spidey fan.

Mikey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 am 

Some cool movie news that seems up our alley, this director I like Jason Eisener (Hobo with a Shotgun) is making a movie based on an underground comic from the 80s called New York City Outlaws. Sounds awesome! Knowing his style, it'll probably be very over the top and crazy.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/29/hobo-shotgun-new-york-city-outlaws

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next