Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2527
Location: San Jose, CA
Hanzo the Razor wrote:

I thought Wonder Woman and Spider-Man: Homecoming were incredible. Spider-Man was a breath of fresh air after the last two downer Spidey movies.


Yeah, it was much more light hearted. Thought it was pretty good overall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 477
Spidey was good, but it felt a bit like i have seen anything in it before a thousand times.

Michael Keaton still rocks...the scene in the car and his micro expressions alone was worth it. You could feel the intensity.

Tom Holland is great too.

But why the fuck do they call Ganke Ted????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 1959
supersonic wrote:
Spidey was good, but it felt a bit like i have seen anything in it before a thousand times.

Michael Keaton still rocks...the scene in the car and his micro expressions alone was worth it. You could feel the intensity.

Tom Holland is great too.

But why the fuck do they call Ganke Ted????
Ned. They called him "Ned" because he wasn't "Ganke". This was Peter Parker/Spider-Man, after all--not Miles Morales/Spider-Man--and this was his life. They shoehorned in a friend because they wanted Peter to have a friend and they called him Ned because Ned Leeds was a character from the old Spider-Man comics. If they do a Miles Morales story down the road would you want them to have already introduced a character called Ganke as a supporting character for Peter Parker? I don't think that would work out so well.

_________________
-Erik Larsen
Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 477
Thanks for clearing that up, Erik. I do know that Ned Leeds was a friend of Peter, i read every Spider-man comic published.
But Ned looked like Ganke in the movie. That was pretty awful.

The same with the Mary Jane thing, that was :roll:

Its a minor thing, i know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 1959
supersonic wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, Erik. I do know that Ned Leeds was a friend of Peter, i read every Spider-man comic published.
But Ned looked like Ganke in the movie. That was pretty awful.

The same with the Mary Jane thing, that was :roll:

Its a minor thing, i know.
Uh...hate to break it to you but There was no "Mary Jane thing". Mary Jane was not in this movie. Zendaya's character was named "Michelle". Laura Harrier played "Liz".

Ned Leeds in the comics was Peter's rival for Betty Brant's affections. Betty was Jonah Jameson's secretary. Peter dated her while he was still in high school. Ned wasn't a friend.

_________________
-Erik Larsen
Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 477
Michele wanted Peter to call her Mary Jane at the end of the movie, thats what i mean.

She said something like: My name is Michele but Mary Jane sounds better (kind of...in the german translation), so i guess she is the new MJ.

Ned wasnt Peters friend, no. You are absolutely right, he wasnt. My mistake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2527
Location: San Jose, CA
Erik Larsen wrote:
supersonic wrote:
Spidey was good, but it felt a bit like i have seen anything in it before a thousand times.

Michael Keaton still rocks...the scene in the car and his micro expressions alone was worth it. You could feel the intensity.

Tom Holland is great too.

But why the fuck do they call Ganke Ted????
Ned. They called him "Ned" because he wasn't "Ganke". This was Peter Parker/Spider-Man, after all--not Miles Morales/Spider-Man--and this was his life. They shoehorned in a friend because they wanted Peter to have a friend and they called him Ned because Ned Leeds was a character from the old Spider-Man comics. If they do a Miles Morales story down the road would you want them to have already introduced a character called Ganke as a supporting character for Peter Parker? I don't think that would work out so well.


If they were to introduce a Ganke in a Miles Morales feature, he would have to be vastly different from his comic book counterpart. Ned in the new film is pretty much Ganke minus the name. He looks like the character, acts like the character, and presents the EXACT role that Ganke plays in the comics. It would be really confusing if there was was another character who was exactly what Ned is in the new film.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 pm
Posts: 1337
Erik, what did you think of Homecoming?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 am
Posts: 477
Benny Hasa wrote:
If they were to introduce a Ganke in a Miles Morales feature, he would have to be vastly different from his comic book counterpart. Ned in the new film is pretty much Ganke minus the name. He looks like the character, acts like the character, and presents the EXACT role that Ganke plays in the comics. It would be really confusing if there was was another character who was exactly what Ned is in the new film.
Damn right. Why give us a character that looks like Ganke but is called Ned? I mean that makes no sense...i cant get over it, lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 1959
supersonic wrote:
Michele wanted Peter to call her Mary Jane at the end of the movie, thats what i mean.

She said something like: My name is Michele but Mary Jane sounds better (kind of...in the german translation), so i guess she is the new MJ.
Michele asked to be called "MJ" not Mary Jane. It may have lost something in translation.

_________________
-Erik Larsen
Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gavin Higginbotham and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group