Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE Movie Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:53 pm 

supersonic wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:
If they were to introduce a Ganke in a Miles Morales feature, he would have to be vastly different from his comic book counterpart. Ned in the new film is pretty much Ganke minus the name. He looks like the character, acts like the character, and presents the EXACT role that Ganke plays in the comics. It would be really confusing if there was was another character who was exactly what Ned is in the new film.
Damn right. Why give us a character that looks like Ganke but is called Ned? I mean that makes no sense...i cant get over it, lol.
It's essentially laziness. The blueprint is there--all the pieces are there--simpler to use what somebody else came up with than to come up with something entirely new which might piss off more people because it was made up from whole cloth for the movie.

I imagine that if they go the Miles route that they won't touch Ganke. It would hit too many of the same notes.

I honestly don't care. I honestly think it would be a big mistake to use Miles or Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen or any of the other Spider-Man-wannabes in a Spider-Man movie. Let there be one spider-character and not fill the world with redundant superheroes. There are literally hundreds of characters to choose from. Why go there?

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm 

Hanzo the Razor wrote:
Erik, what did you think of Homecoming?
I liked it well enough. As far as Peter Parker goes, Tom Holland, to me, is the least Peter Parker looking Peter Parker to date. I thought Andrew Garfield was pretty much perfect and it pisses me off that the second Amazing Spider-Man was such a colossal turd that they felt it necessary to wash their hands and start over. There was a lot of silliness in it--some hokey shit--but some decent world building. As a revamp, the Vulture worked okay. Having his being Liz's father seemed really contrived but that seems to happen a lot in comics--so--meh. I dunno.

As with all of the Spider-Man movies there's good and bad. More good than bad here.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:44 am 

Erik Larsen wrote:
supersonic wrote:
Michele wanted Peter to call her Mary Jane at the end of the movie, thats what i mean.

She said something like: My name is Michele but Mary Jane sounds better (kind of...in the german translation), so i guess she is the new MJ.
Michele asked to be called "MJ" not Mary Jane. It may have lost something in translation.

She may have said "MJ" i honestly cant remember, but for me it makes no difference. In the end, it doesnt really matter. Super Hero movies tend do to stuff like that all the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117