Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:17 am 

Andrew wrote:
Jim Purcell wrote:
What I'm saying is, Erik already had a radical freak hangout with a cast of charming part time heroes.

I don't see him doing that again any time soon.

Yes, I remember that bar. That's what gave me the idea. I was sort of thinking it would be cool if Dragon actually took it over. But yeah, I know it's pretty much a fanboy dream that won't ever happen.

The bar was known as Freak Outpost. In the Image TMNT vol 3 run we had Raphael visit the Freak Outpost in issues 10 and 11. That was back in 1997 so you see how far back that goes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:37 am 

Frank Fosco wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Jim Purcell wrote:
What I'm saying is, Erik already had a radical freak hangout with a cast of charming part time heroes.

I don't see him doing that again any time soon.

Yes, I remember that bar. That's what gave me the idea. I was sort of thinking it would be cool if Dragon actually took it over. But yeah, I know it's pretty much a fanboy dream that won't ever happen.

The bar was known as Freak Outpost. In the Image TMNT vol 3 run we had Raphael visit the Freak Outpost in issues 10 and 11. That was back in 1997 so you see how far back that goes.

Besides, isn't (wasn't) the Freak Outpost a VC business?

Also, I wonder if anyone ever caught on to where the meat for the burgers actually came from.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:19 am 

I wouldn't mind Dragon running some sort of business where Malcolm could visit him easier than a prison.

My primary concern is getting him out of jail, so he can show up more often.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 am 

I would love to see some kind of arc once in a while. A new villain, scheming and planing. Not just running around punching stuff. And Malcolm having to get inventive. Doing something besides punching him really hard to overcome the threat.

Sometimes, Erik is a bit too caught up in the whole real time stuff. I love the real time aspect of the book, but it sometimes leads to Erik just showing us what the charakters are up to at this point in their lives. I could use a little more..."story" sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:30 am 

I would actually love to see Malcolm hit San Francisco for an issue. It's Erik's current home and would love to see his take on it, on an artistic level.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:12 am 

A satisfying conclusion to the epic Darklord saga, this time with Malcolm doing what his father could not, and that's somehow stopping the time-travelling despot once and for all. He was last seen around the Emperor Dragon arc, iirc, still manipulating events and pulling on strings.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:57 am 

I'd like to see a Jack Kirby inspired issue again. I really did enjoy those first few issues of the Savage World, and it would be cool to see Malcolm tackle some weird looking monsters for an issue straight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:38 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
I'd like to see a Jack Kirby inspired issue again. I really did enjoy those first few issues of the Savage World, and it would be cool to see Malcolm tackle some weird looking monsters for an issue straight.
Didn't I just do that in #210?

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:23 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:

Maybe a little bit? I guess I wasn't really clear with what I meant. 210 was more of a business as usual type of issue. Sure there were a few Kirby style monsters, but it still felt like a typical issue of Dragon, albeit in Hawaii. From Angel's throwdown, to Virago who feels more like an 90's villain, it didn't have the same touch that issues 76-82 or so did with the Kirby feel. Those issues really felt like a hybrid of Larsen/Kirby to the extreme. From the awesome first page credit splash, to pages 1-22 all feeling having a Kirby influence in some way, shape or form. I guess that's more of what I meant. Hope that makes more sense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:57 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
Erik Larsen wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:

Maybe a little bit? I guess I wasn't really clear with what I meant. 210 was more of a business as usual type of issue. Sure there were a few Kirby style monsters, but it still felt like a typical issue of Dragon, albeit in Hawaii. From Angel's throwdown, to Virago who feels more like an 90's villain, it didn't have the same touch that issues 76-82 or so did with the Kirby feel. Those issues really felt like a hybrid of Larsen/Kirby to the extreme. From the awesome first page credit splash, to pages 1-22 all feeling having a Kirby influence in some way, shape or form. I guess that's more of what I meant. Hope that makes more sense.
Okay, okay--what about #194? Seriously--flip through that one and just try to tell me I wasn't thinking of Jack Kirby.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next