Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:53 pm 

More of the young vicious circle wouldn't be a bad thing. I liked those kids. Especially blossom and dumpling seemed insanely sympathetic as characters.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:10 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Okay, okay--what about #194? Seriously--flip through that one and just try to tell me I wasn't thinking of Jack Kirby.

Yeah, 194 was pretty Kirbyesque. In fact, while Kirby was the King of DPS with awesome looking monsters, I think the first DPS in 194 is my favorite DPS of all time. Looking it over again this very second and damn, that sucker is beautiful. I think Kirby would have been impressed with it. Issues like 194 are always a welcome treat.

Before this DPS I used to say that my favorite DPS was from the Demon issue 14 with Gargora, but now I always say it's the Demonoid attack from Savage Dragon 194. It's no easy task to top Jack, but I think you did it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:21 pm 

trump or sanders-or is that too easy satirizing a satirical character?
moving on; i would enjoy seeing a spawn cross-over now that erik is on both titles. AND as for the Dragon getting out of jail, i would love that. the real time aspect is one of my favorite aspects about this multi-verse, so i'm all for change-even if i do still miss some of the early characters. i just feel for dragon being stuck in jail, i love malcolm and can't wait for further character exploration, but i'd like dragon to get out and catch a different kinda spotlight every now and again. christmas, for example, i'd love to see him in his holiday sweater again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm 

I'd love to see a Savage Dragon / Hulk crossover.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 am 

I'd love to see a backups featuring "Lost Tales" or "Untold Stories" of Dragon from back in his early days as a cop in Chicago. Issue #225 is coming soon. Why not throw one in there?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:44 pm 

Don Drake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:05 pm 

Its been about a year or so since I brought this topic up so I think it's a good time to bring it up again.

One of the few things that has bothered me was characters who died pre issue 70 coming back to life post 75. The good news is that we have pretty much gotten to see almost everyone die a second death at this point. Hell, even Santa Claus died again in 215. So, the list has become miniscule at this point. In terms of characters who died and have shown up again and are still alive, it's only Chaos, three God Squad members, and Dr. Plucker. There are a few others who should still be alive, but haven't shown up again. Either way, I hope these guys die again just so things the original deaths have more meaning. It's been great having the majority of reappearing guys die again. We are so close to the finish line. End rant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:12 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
One of the few things that has bothered me was characters who died pre issue 70 coming back to life post 75. The good news is that we have pretty much gotten to see almost everyone die a second death at this point. Hell, even Santa Claus died again in 215. So, the list has become miniscule at this point. In terms of characters who died and have shown up again and are still alive, it's only Chaos, three God Squad members, and Dr. Plucker. There are a few others who should still be alive, but haven't shown up again. Either way, I hope these guys die again just so things the original deaths have more meaning. It's been great having the majority of reappearing guys die again. We are so close to the finish line. End rant.
To me, at this point, it would just seem weird to resurrect characters in order to kill them again and assure people that they're dead. If characters died in the old Image Universe and we haven't seen then in 150 issues in this Savage World--consider them dead.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
To me, at this point, it would just seem weird to resurrect characters in order to kill them again and assure people that they're dead. If characters died in the old Image Universe and we haven't seen then in 150 issues in this Savage World--consider them dead.

I can deal with that, as that pretty much streamlines things a lot more. So unless I'm mistaken then there are only five characters who have shown up and are alive in this universe, and died in the old universe. (Please correct me if I'm wrong Gavin)

Most of the ones that haven't shown were cops and a few odds and ends. (Ralph Jonson, etc) Either way, I can deal with all of those guys having off-screen deaths.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:44 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
Erik Larsen wrote:

I can deal with that, as that pretty much streamlines things a lot more. So unless I'm mistaken then there are only five characters who have shown up and are alive in this universe, and died in the old universe. (Please correct me if I'm wrong Gavin)

Most of the ones that haven't shown were cops and a few odds and ends. (Ralph Jonson, etc) Either way, I can deal with all of those guys having off-screen deaths.
Between the Glum takeover and the CyberFace takeover--it doesn't seem unlikely that they'd bite it.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next