Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am
Posts: 1544
We've seen the God Squad members, Chaos and Dr Plucker in the Savage World so we know they're alive. Give it enough time and that may change anyway. It's not like the book has a low mortality rate.

There's a few minor supporting characters that haven't been seen in this reality at all that didn't die in the old one. I kinda think of them as at least presumed deceased due to the CyberFace and Glum reigns, but that can change at any point. Not that I particularly expect the likes of the Schwartzblatts (Emily would be really fucking old if still alive, for instance) to return but you never know. It's one of the many reasons that makes this book so exciting.

_________________
- Gavin Higginbotham.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2527
Location: San Jose, CA
Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
We've seen the God Squad members, Chaos and Dr Plucker in the Savage World so we know they're alive. Give it enough time and that may change anyway. It's not like the book has a low mortality rate.


Which is what I'm hoping for. The book has slowly chipped away at those who were dead in the old world and showed up again in the new one, so I'm hoping it will eventually get to the last remaining 5 at this point. 5 isn't a bad number when it was once like 40 or so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 1959
Benny Hasa wrote:
Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
We've seen the God Squad members, Chaos and Dr Plucker in the Savage World so we know they're alive. Give it enough time and that may change anyway. It's not like the book has a low mortality rate.


Which is what I'm hoping for. The book has slowly chipped away at those who were dead in the old world and showed up again in the new one, so I'm hoping it will eventually get to the last remaining 5 at this point. 5 isn't a bad number when it was once like 40 or so.
I don't feel as though the two worlds have to be a perfect match. If they are--what's the point? Why do an alternate world if both are exactly the same as the other? dragon's action in #75 was an attempt to undo the damage Darklord caused. Does he have to fail at everything? Why can't there be a few minor victories to be had in that effort?

_________________
-Erik Larsen
Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2527
Location: San Jose, CA
Erik Larsen wrote:
I don't feel as though the two worlds have to be a perfect match. If they are--what's the point? Why do an alternate world if both are exactly the same as the other? dragon's action in #75 was an attempt to undo the damage Darklord caused. Does he have to fail at everything? Why can't there be a few minor victories to be had in that effort?


I actually don't mind that the worlds are different per say. Some of my favorite issues in the run were the first few issues of the Savage World. It was bat shit crazy and I actually enjoyed that Dragon had different relationships with certain characters and what not.

With that note, resurrections of any method have always bothered me. Probably stems to my frustrations of Marvel/DC where characters would constantly come back in some form. Be it brought back from the dead, alternate universes, clones, not being dead retcon's by different writers, etc. Which is why I fell in love with Dragon as dead has pretty much meant dead. In the Savage World, sure these characters were not "technically" dead, but having characters who we saw get their heads punched off, blown up, shot to death, still walking around just always felt like a resurrection and made the impact of earlier issues less meaningful.

It's not as big of a deal anymore as almost all those characters have died again. Some had awesome deaths once, and some twice. Believe me, I love Chaos (look at my avatar), but one of the most awesome moments in the book was when Dragon blew his head off in 39 with Dung's cannon. With Chaos simply doing his thing again alive and well, that moment in 39 never really felt the same as in a way his death in that issue doesn't matter anymore. Again, I know it's a different universe, but I still see it as a resurrection.

Again I loved the Savage World issues, but looking back, part of me wished it never happened. That's just my two cents on the whole thing and rest assured I'm loving the direction the book is currently in.

As for Dragon, I love the dude, but he does have a habit of screwing things up. I think his greatest achievement was stopping Universo and OverLord, but looking back a shit ton of the worlds problems are his vault. I hope he has a chance to prove himself at some point. With Glum going apeshit crazy from the 223 solicits, I'm hoping Dragon takes some action.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2527
Location: San Jose, CA
Issue 222 pretty much set it up in my mind that we need a giant monster attack of some sort.

Demonoids. Torment. Trolls. Ants and whatever other monster ideas that luck in Erik's mind. So much potential.

Also, it just occured to me that the solicits for 221 mentioned Malcolm taking down Bellco and that didn't happen. So hopefully that's taken care of and that would probably include....more monsters!

Also figuring out what the deal with Tantrum is as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 am
Posts: 409
Location: New York, NY
I'm all for Erik having tons of monsters attack. Erik's monsters are just awesome to look at.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What do you wanna see in Savage Dragon?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2527
Location: San Jose, CA
Andrew wrote:
I'm all for Erik having tons of monsters attack. Erik's monsters are just awesome to look at.


Yeah, that's one of the reasons I loved the early Savage World issues. So many awesome monsters! I've also been waiting for Erik to bring back that giant Demonoid from 194. That guy was nuts!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group