Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "Ask Erik" Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:09 pm 

JRCarter wrote:
Erik Larsen wrote:
JRCarter wrote:
Malcolm's entry on the wiki lists his height as 6'4". Is that from the top of his fin or the top of his head?
To the top of his head. That's why Malcolm towers over his dad, who stands a mere 5'10.
Then, if, like his dad, his fin is eight inches, he then tops out at seven feet even.
Yeah--I think those fins aren't quite as long as I've said in the past. Likely more six than eight inches. But regardless--Malcolm is taller than his old man.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:57 am 

Hey Erik, if offered, would you ever consider writing and drawing the Fantastic Four? Seems to me it'd be a great fit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 am 

Well he did work on the 12 issue limited series, Fantastic Four: The World's Greatest Comics Magazine back in in 2001.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:56 pm 

FuMaku wrote:
Hey Erik, if offered, would you ever consider writing and drawing the Fantastic Four? Seems to me it'd be a great fit.
It's one of the few titles that would tempt me. I'd have to think long and hard on that one.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:25 pm 

So, Image is going to release Nikos' Mighty Man oneshot around April. But you already released a Mighty Man oneshot years ago. Won't having two different one shots, both simply titled "Mighty Man" cause massive confusion for people (especially in the future)? Why not call this new MM comic "Mighty Man issue #2", or anything else to differentiate it from 2004 backup serial collection?

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:24 pm 

John Pannozzi wrote:
So, Image is going to release Nikos' Mighty Man oneshot around April. But you already released a Mighty Man oneshot years ago. Won't having two different one shots, both simply titled "Mighty Man" cause massive confusion for people (especially in the future)? Why not call this new MM comic "Mighty Man issue #2", or anything else to differentiate it from 2004 backup serial collection?
There have been six or seven first issues of Amazing Spider-Man--multiple first issues of Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman. It's been a long time since the last Mighty Man one shot and this really doesn't follow up on what went on in that directly. A #2 would just seem nonsensical to the common fan. They'd be wondering where the first issue is--the first part of the story--and that's not directly tied to this.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:59 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
John Pannozzi wrote:
There have been six or seven first issues of Amazing Spider-Man--multiple first issues of Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman. It's been a long time since the last Mighty Man one shot and this really doesn't follow up on what went on in that directly. A #2 would just seem nonsensical to the common fan. They'd be wondering where the first issue is--the first part of the story--and that's not directly tied to this.

True, though I really feel renumbering series is the bane of the Big Two.

You could still call it "Adventures of Mighty Man" or "Mighty Man vs. The Something Somethings" or so on; and the issue could stand on its own and be distinguishable from the earlier MM Oneshot.

But that's just my two cents.

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:28 am 

We know that you've written a first draft of a Savage Dragon movie, so my question is, if this movie were to somehow be greenlit tomorrow, who would you want directing it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:01 pm 

Erik,

Do you plan on continuing Savage Dragon past 300, do you plan to keep going indefinitely, or are planning to have "said it all" by then?

I know some creators stop at a planned time, either a monumental number (#300 for Cerebus) or whatever, whether they run out of ideas or have said all they want to say.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:31 am 

Andrew wrote:
We know that you've written a first draft of a Savage Dragon movie, so my question is, if this movie were to somehow be greenlit tomorrow, who would you want directing it?
I'm not well versed enough to answer that.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136  Next