Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136
 Post subject: Re: The "Ask Erik" Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 am 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:
OK, since someone else asked a question about the worms in Torments head, I think I'll ask one as well.

When the worms grow back, is it the exact same worm coming back to life or is it a brand new worm?
It certainly seemed that way.

Ha!

Q - Is it A or B?
A - Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:32 pm 

murch wrote:
Erik Larsen wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:
OK, since someone else asked a question about the worms in Torments head, I think I'll ask one as well.

When the worms grow back, is it the exact same worm coming back to life or is it a brand new worm?
It certainly seemed that way.

Ha!

Q - Is it A or B?
A - Yes.
Oh. Oops. Yeah--at least the first time--it seemed very much like the same worm. But we don't really SEE what went on in #194. We don't know if parts remained or just what happened. In the latest he was completely removed.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:34 am 

Hey Erik. Have a two part question.

So far, from what I can tell 222 has been universally praised online (reviews, fan comments, bleeding cool comments, etc), despite there being a few new things you have tried that one might have imagined would have drawn some flak. Would you say that's a fair assessment, or has there been any negative feedback?

Second part. Depending on what you say on the first part, why do you think the praise has been more positive than the sex scenes from 200-202? While there wasn't a lot negativity, it definitely seemed more vocal than anything 222 has gotten. (At least online) Just wondering what your thoughts were.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:34 am 

Benny Hasa wrote:
So far, from what I can tell 222 has been universally praised online (reviews, fan comments, bleeding cool comments, etc), despite there being a few new things you have tried that one might have imagined would have drawn some flak. Would you say that's a fair assessment, or has there been any negative feedback?
Yes. One letter.
Benny Hasa wrote:
Second part. Depending on what you say on the first part, why do you think the praise has been more positive than the sex scenes from 200-202? While there wasn't a lot negativity, it definitely seemed more vocal than anything 222 has gotten. (At least online) Just wondering what your thoughts were.
I'm not sure. Maybe readers have just gotten used to the idea? Maybe it's perceived of as being more honest? Lee of a tease and more just putting it out there? I dunno.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am 

I think maybe some people just couldn't get over Malcolm and Angel fucking. The recent issues haven't had that.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:23 pm 

I noticed that when Next Issue Project stories are reprinted as backups in SD, they seem to be slightly squished horizontally. I know the Next Issues gave different dimensions then regular comics, but surely there must be a better way to convert their aspect ratios.

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:40 pm 

John Pannozzi wrote:
I noticed that when Next Issue Project stories are reprinted as backups in SD, they seem to be slightly squished horizontally. I know the Next Issues gave different dimensions then regular comics, but surely there must be a better way to convert their aspect ratios.

That is not the case. The dimensions are different and that necessitates adding more room at top and bottom but nothing is going on with the actual art.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 am 

Erik, I posted an old review you did of Amazing Spider-Man 2 over on IMWAN and this bit --

Erik Larsen wrote:
Andrew Garfield is such a perfect Peter Parker and he's simply fun to watch. Tobey Maguire never felt like Peter Parker to me and Andrew just nails it--from the build to the hair to the smart ass, goofy demeanor. I wasn't a big fan of the Raimi films--they seemed corny to me--the worst part about the first Amazing Spider-Man, the lining up the cranes just felt like too many scenes in the Raimi films (like the defiant New Yorkers on the subway) and he couldn't keep his mask on for two consecutive seconds--which really was not an issue here. In my eyes Tobey Maguire is like the Romita Peter Parker and Andrew Garfield is the Ditko/McFarlane/Larsen one.

-- got a few guys saying that "he just wanted to try and casually equate himself and McFarlane to Ditko." I didn't get that from the comment -- to me, it sounds like you're saying Todd and you were going for a Ditko vibe with your version of Peter Parker.

But I figured, why speculate when I can ask you what you meant there...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 am 

Hanzo the Razor wrote:
-- got a few guys saying that "he just wanted to try and casually equate himself and McFarlane to Ditko." I didn't get that from the comment -- to me, it sounds like you're saying Todd and you were going for a Ditko vibe with your version of Peter Parker.
There will forever be people determined to see the worst in others. If you look at how I was drawing Spider-Man I clearly had the Ditko issues out. That was the model I was shooting for.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:50 am 

FWIW, I don't think they were doing it in a mean-spirited way, I think that's just how they read the statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136