Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am
Posts: 1544
MindWarp is cool because not only does he have an exposed brain but he also has a skeleton face. That's doubly cool!

_________________
- Gavin Higginbotham.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2524
Location: San Jose, CA
Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
MindWarp is cool because not only does he have an exposed brain but he also has a skeleton face. That's doubly cool!


Exactly. Love that guy. I don't think Malcolm has met him yet, so he shouldn't be immune to his powers right off the bat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am
Posts: 1544
Benny Hasa wrote:
Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
MindWarp is cool because not only does he have an exposed brain but he also has a skeleton face. That's doubly cool!


Exactly. Love that guy. I don't think Malcolm has met him yet, so he shouldn't be immune to his powers right off the bat.


I don't think Malcolm has had to deal with a telepathic threat yet at all. That could be a cool change of pace. MindWarp is a perfect choice.

_________________
- Gavin Higginbotham.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 2524
Location: San Jose, CA
Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:
Gavin Higginbotham wrote:
MindWarp is cool because not only does he have an exposed brain but he also has a skeleton face. That's doubly cool!


Exactly. Love that guy. I don't think Malcolm has met him yet, so he shouldn't be immune to his powers right off the bat.


I don't think Malcolm has had to deal with a telepathic threat yet at all. That could be a cool change of pace. MindWarp is a perfect choice.


Yeah, Malcolm being under the influence of a telepathic foe would be a great to see as it's not something we have seen yet. As you said, Mindwarp would be a perfect opponent for this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:09 pm
Posts: 46
I sent a directionless e-mail to you covering my nostalgic love for dragon and his side of the multiverse.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:34 am
Posts: 237
Location: Boston, MA
I plan on writing a letter regarding 200. I just need time to sit down with the issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 am
Posts: 407
Location: New York, NY
I just sent a letter your way Erik. I hope I'm not too late!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 1952
There seems to be a few distinct types of letter writers.

The Archivist: has read every issue and assumes everybody else has as well. He's not just writing in about this issue but every issue.

Mr. Minutia: this guy obsesses over small details and things most people never notice or care about.

The Poet: It's all in rhyme and it's all the time.

The Comedian: he thinks he's brought the party but he's more annoying than funny.

The Interviewer: Asks a ton of questions but offers no opinions.

The Critic: just telling it like it is, man. Bets you don't have the guts to print his letter.

The Summarizer: distils entire comics down to a few sentences and tells everybody what they already know.

The Endangered Species: writes a tight, insightful letter which provokes an interesting conversation. Questions asked are of general interest and thoughtful.

_________________
-Erik Larsen
Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 am
Posts: 407
Location: New York, NY
Which type do you prefer? And dare I ask what category my letters fall into?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't forget to write, folks!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am
Posts: 1952
Andrew wrote:
Which type do you prefer? And dare I ask what category my letters fall into?
The Endangered Species and you mostly fall into that. The others can be pretty excruciating. I don't print some of those--I don't print letters from the Poet and the Summarizer. I don't want to encourage Poets and Summarizers add nothing.

_________________
-Erik Larsen
Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group