Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #220 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:46 am 

*****SPOILERS***************

****SPOILERS**************

Oh Erik, you CRAFTY devil!!! I certainly did not expect the outcome of your solicitation text for 220. Well played, well done. A new chapter indeed.
Grandpa Dragon the babysitter. It's perfect. I am surprised at how easily everyone is taking Angel's disappearance. That does not seem right. it advances the story, but it doesn't seem plausible especially in light of Glum clearly missing SW Angel and escaping into Dimension X. Then again Obama pardoning Dragon. Ah what fun ride this book is.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens to Jennifer Murphy. Let the games begin. Great issue Erik!

NEGATIVE, FUSION OF BRUNDLE AND FLY AT MOLECULAR-GENETIC LEVEL

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #220 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 pm 

Great freaking issue. I'll post more thoughts letter as I just finished writing a quick letter to Erik about it, but there was too much to love. I say this almost every month, but this book is on fire.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 pm 

Interview is up.

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/07/erik-la ... ragon-220/

A few quick thoughts on the issue. I enjoyed it overall, and there really wasn't much to not like. I really liked Angel's solo adventure, and the page with Glum coming in for the rescue was pretty sweet. In a book which most consider to be Malcolm's, it's great to see a bit of focus on Angel as I pretty much say the book is now a trio of stars being Malcolm, Angel, and Maxine.

Dragon being a free man is also great, and I look forward to seeing him tackle on an ordinary life. The last panel was priceless, and I'm hoping Dragon will be a regular supporting character from this point on.

Art was great, with my favorite page being the one where Dragon is being harassed. Some of those guys looked downright wacky, and could be contenders for new VC goon membership.

Overall, loved the issue, and the build up to 225 begins. With Angel kidnapped by Glum, I can't see Dragon sitting idly by. I'm hoping for an epic showdown between the two at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 am 

I held off on reading the solicitation for this issue and I was not disappointed. Dragon a free man! Woohoo!

I've got plenty more to say so I'll save it for a letter. (Well, maybe not plenty, but I'll still save it for a letter!)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:26 am 

I tend not to post about specific issues as I'd just be posting the same thing over and over; 'awesome art' and 'awesome writing' from THE most creative guy in comics....

But goddamn this issue was beautiful, brilliant to see 'my' Savage Dragon back and what a way to bring him back.

I don't think any other comic creator has continued to kick ass creatively the way Erik has for the length of time he's been working, DEFINITELY not on the same title.

Mikey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:20 pm 

I did NOT see the Obama pardon coming. LOVED IT!!! Things looked so bleak for the old man! Now he's begun a bold new adventure---supporting cast member! Will he hook up with Alex? Jennifer's lurking about! or maybe MAXINE!? :lol:

Seriously. Great issue. Glum kinda crossed the line in my book from 'megolmaniacal villain' to creepy bastard...

Solid as fuck!

Also that last panel is gold. I get a real 'sound of silence' solemn vibe off it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:27 pm 

I feel like a crack addict. I need more Savage Dragon issues. Good news is that Erik said he's working on 222 a little while back, so I wouldn't be surprised if 221 hits in a few weeks. Savage Dragon might be one of the best addictions to have.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:20 am 

Benny Hasa wrote:
I feel like a crack addict. I need more Savage Dragon issues. Good news is that Erik said he's working on 222 a little while back, so I wouldn't be surprised if 221 hits in a few weeks. Savage Dragon might be one of the best addictions to have.
As things look now--#221 will go on sale March 1st and #222 will go on sale March 29th. Thanks to March having five Wednesdays I'm able to get the book back on track.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 am 

Quote:
As things look now--#221 will go on sale March 1st and #222 will go on sale March 29th.Thanks to March having five Wednesdays I'm able to get the book back on track.

Hell Yeah! - that's awesome news.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:04 am 

It's like you got used to pumping out so much work when you were doing both Savage Dragon and Spawn that your pace just carried over after you dropped Spawn. Kind of like swinging two bats before stepping up to the plate and dropping one.