Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #220 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:46 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:
I feel like a crack addict. I need more Savage Dragon issues. Good news is that Erik said he's working on 222 a little while back, so I wouldn't be surprised if 221 hits in a few weeks. Savage Dragon might be one of the best addictions to have.
As things look now--#221 will go on sale March 1st and #222 will go on sale March 29th. Thanks to March having five Wednesdays I'm able to get the book back on track.

Fantastic news. 221 is less than 3 weeks away then.

I've always felt a lot of your greatest work comes when you're moving at a quicker pace. Hell you did Herculian in 24 hours and comic is fantastic.

The quality of the writing in Dragon is top form right now, and I can't complain about more Dragon issues coming at a quicker pace.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:48 pm 

Savage Raven wrote:

Seriously. Great issue. Glum kinda crossed the line in my book from 'megolmaniacal villain' to creepy bastard...

I didn't know what you were talking about, until I saw your Facebook post. It never even occurred to me that Glum actually cut Angels hair and changed her out of her clothes until you mentioned, despite it being pretty obvious that was what happened. Glum sure keeps racking up his evil doer points with each passing issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:50 am 

The Liefeld dig with the "Cable arm" was worth a chuckle. For what it's worth I don't hate Rob with the passion I see from many people, but I really wish he would start a project and see it through to some degree of completion. I guess that's what I appreciate about Erik's work on Dragon so much. Thanks for your tenacity, Erik!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:17 am 

Abbot wrote:
The Liefeld dig with the "Cable arm" was worth a chuckle.
For the record--I did not consider that a "dig." It was merely descriptive. It's a Rob Liefeld Cable arm. I referenced a Rob Liefeld Cable arm.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:34 pm 

Reread the issue the other night. I don't often have time to reread comics anymore, but the book has been so good lately, and I'm starting to get psyched up for the big 225, that I couldn't resist. Was a great read the second time around and I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the colors. Just gives me the willies as to how much this feels like a perfect comic. The last year or so of this book might be the best dialogue this book has ever had and I'm truly excited to see where this is going. As I grow older and more jaded, it really becomes harder for something to grab my attention for a long period of time. Savage Dragon has been doing it for almost 20 years. Pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:29 pm 

Quote:
Reread the issue the other night. I don't often have time to reread comics anymore, but the book has been so good lately, and I'm starting to get psyched up for the big 225, that I couldn't resist. Was a great read the second time around and I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the colors. Just gives me the willies as to how much this feels like a perfect comic. The last year or so of this book might be the best dialogue this book has ever had and I'm truly excited to see where this is going. As I grow older and more jaded, it really becomes harder for something to grab my attention for a long period of time. Savage Dragon has been doing it for almost 20 years. Pretty amazing.

I hear you - I'm planning to go back and re-read the Malcolm Era in its entirety right before 225 comes out - just need to make the time - can. not. wait.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:29 pm 

Hi, guys!! I got my issue in the mail last Saturday, but couldn't read it, and the rest of my comics yet because I was finishing drawing my comic!!

Great issue. I liked the opening scene where Angel's sister was on another planet. Nice subplot touch.

And you answered our wishes with freeing father Savage Dragon!! There was a depression without him in the comic. It's like he died. It used to be his book.

Oh, and lastly, good job on finishing 10 issues by the end of March. I subscribed last February. Thus, your subscription is always on time. So, I guess I'll re subscribe in late May. Lol :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am 

DanakinImageWalker wrote:
I liked the opening scene where Angel's sister was on another planet.D

That wasn't Angel's sister. That was Angel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 pm 

Looks like 221 is out next week. Erik has been giving us issues at lightening speed, and I'm cool with that.

One more issue closer to 225. Can't wait for the cover to 225 to be shown as the cover to 224 was quite a dozy. Also, on the FB feed it looks like we might get an alternate cover by Frank Fosco!