Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SD 224 May 2017 Solicitation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:24 am 

Holy shit folks. Things are going nuts! Let me post the actual solicit before commenting.

SAVAGE DRAGON #224 (MR)
IMAGE COMICS
(W/A/CA) Erik Larsen
“THE MERGING OF MULTIPLE EARTHS,” Part Two
Mr. Glum’s devious plot to merge the multi-verse unfolds in its demented glory. Savage Dragon joins his son Malcolm Dragon in an effort to save Angel Murphy and the very earth itself! Enter: Darklord. The awe-inspiring, world-shattering, cosmic event reaches it penultimate chapter and concludes in next issue’s giant-sized 25th anniversary special.
$3.99

This event could be fucking epic from the sounds of things. Looks like Glum is taking things to the next step, and the big surprise, DarkLord! Not only that, but it looks like its buff as all hell DarkLord!

I can't imagine what's going to happen here and guessing would only be useless, but Glum and DarkLord in the same arc? Shit is really going to hit the fan.

It sounds like like Glum plans to merge the universes and I can't see DarkLord enjoying that. Honestly, I hope we see the darker side of DarkLord at full force, along with his army. It would be awesome to see Glum's forces going up against DarkLord and his forces. Also hope this means the return of Rakkum! After issue 97, it seems like he's been awaiting DarkLord's return, so hopefully he gets involved.

Either way, this sounds epic, and the fan in me is going a little bonkers wondering what's going to happen.

Post subject: Re: SD 224 May 2017 Solicitation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:12 pm 

Yeah, Erik going Crisis has got me very curious. Can't wait to see how he handles that type of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:21 pm 

I hope we get tons of characters. I miss the rest of the Highbrow Universe, err Dragon-verse, errr whatever this book's supporting cast is called these days. At least Mighty Man/girl is getting a one shot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:30 am 

I'm expecting cameos from Paul Dragon and the guys from the Savage Dragon Funnies universes, just so we can get a taste of what Marvel's been doing with their multiple Spider-Men these days, but I could be dead wrong. I think I read somewhere that Erik enjoyed what Slott has been doing with Spider-Man the last couple of years, but I don't know if he wants to play variations to that particular tune.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 pm 

What I'm really interested in is the title of this arc. "The Merging of Multiple Earths". I'm really curious as to what that might entail exactly. I never followed the DC event so I'm not sure what happened there, but it almost sounds like the multiple universes are going to merge? If so, really wondering how that might work and I know DarkLord wouldn't be to happy about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
I'm really curious as to what that might entail exactly. I never followed the DC event so I'm not sure what happened there, but it almost sounds like the multiple universes are going to merge?

You mean the recent DC events or the 1985 Crisis ? I believe the recent DC events are more like acknowledging parallel universes than merging them into one. But I'm not really following it either.

Quote:
If so, really wondering how that might work and I know DarkLord wouldn't be to happy about that.

Who knows? He once seemed to be willing to sacrifice some alternate earths to save others. Glum's scheme to create one "perfect" reality could be right up his alley.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:22 pm 

JayWicky wrote:
Benny Hasa wrote:
I'm really curious as to what that might entail exactly. I never followed the DC event so I'm not sure what happened there, but it almost sounds like the multiple universes are going to merge?

You mean the recent DC events or the 1985 Crisis ? I believe the recent DC events are more like acknowledging parallel universes than merging them into one. But I'm not really following it either.

Quote:
If so, really wondering how that might work and I know DarkLord wouldn't be to happy about that.

Who knows? He once seemed to be willing to sacrifice some alternate earths to save others. Glum's scheme to create one "perfect" reality could be right up his alley.

With DarkLord, it's hard to gauge what the hell is ultimate goal really is. I've always felt that his final goal was something that has never been mentioned. In issue 75 Dragon seemed to be on to something, that DarkLord might be trying to save the Earth for "his" people. Maybe his ultimate goal is to kill all the humans and create a new form of life on Earth? Who really knows besides Erik. I'm just hoping we see an epic showdown between Dragon and DarkLord and judging by the cover we will.