Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #221 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:06 pm 

OK, first things first, here is the monthly interview.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/01/erik-la ... -merging-/

So what to say about the book? Too much. I feel like shooting out another letter to Erik, but its been an exhausting day, so maybe tomorrow. With that note, this was an awesome issue.

So when Erik mentioned people on the wiki presuming characters were dead, well I'm 100% guilty as charged as I thought Torment was dead, but he showed up in this issue with all three heads and honestly, it was pretty epic. Seeing the toddlers, Dragon, Malcolm, and Maxine's interaction with him was pretty priceless.

Not sure what's going to happen to him now that the evil worm in his head was shot up, but I'm hoping he doesn't fall into limbo for too long. I feel like he needs to team up with Snake Eyes and Rude Head at some point. Those guys were destined to meet.

Alex is back in Dragon's life, only as Jennifer returns? Oh boy. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, but I'm excited. I've always liked Jennifer while others didn't, but also thought Alex was the perfect match for Dragon. I don't know what to think anymore!!!

Solid issue. Book is still one fire.

Post subject: Re: SD 221 Discussion SPOILERS
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:46 pm 

The removal of the worm thing from his temple reminded me of the Wicked Worm naturally. Not much to say except it makes me want to see an origin story for Torment. Probably won't get one, but still...

The issue was overall good. Loved see papa Dragon back in action. The subplot with Jennifer seemed rushed somewhat in regards to dialogue, but I suppose that's a minor gripe.

One thing I do approve of, Angel's costume switch. In a side-by-side comparison, I always did prefer Evil Angel's costume. Glum's kidnapping of Angel and dressing her in her now-dead evil twins' costume provides a roundabout way to reuse the superior outfit, and I'm totally cool with that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 am 

Abbot wrote:
One thing I do approve of, Angel's costume switch. In a side-by-side comparison, I always did prefer Evil Angel's costume. Glum's kidnapping of Angel and dressing her in her now-dead evil twins' costume provides a roundabout way to reuse the superior outfit, and I'm totally cool with that.
Agreed there. I always thought Angel Dragon had the better uniform of the two.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #221 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 am 

I actually like Angel Murphy's uniform. Never really liked the big white gloves.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:43 am 

Abbot wrote:
The removal of the worm thing from his temple reminded me of the Wicked Worm naturally. Not much to say except it makes me want to see an origin story for Torment. Probably won't get one, but still...

Yeah, I'd like to know what his deal is. Having two giant worms embedded in your head must have an interesting story on how that came to be.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:00 am 

Finally got my copies this morning. So much fun. Loved seeing Dragon back in action! The last few panels were priceless! I'll save the rest for a letter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:20 pm 

Hey guys!! I got my issue in the mail last Saturday, and it was a good issue.

I'm glad that Dragon is back. There was a nicely drawn panel of him with the grandkid.

The Glum's world scene, and abandoned space ship base, and that girl's mother's Frazetta caveman clothing reminded me of 70's Planet of the Apes background mixed with 2001 The Space Odyssey.

Nice plot twist too as Larsen said that the mother has been on ice since the year 2000 which is when these message boards began!! Lol :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm 

Erik Larsen wrote:
Abbot wrote:
Agreed there. I always thought Angel Dragon had the better uniform of the two.

I assume that if Angel switches to this costume permanently she will add some underwear to the mix. :lol:

And I didn't mention this in the letter I fired off to you, but I enjoyed the backup in this issue, although it ended too soon. It felt like it was just getting started. Will we see more instalments?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:05 am 

Andrew wrote:
I assume that if Angel switches to this costume permanently she will add some underwear to the mix.
Most definitely.
Andrew wrote:
And I didn't mention this in the letter I fired off to you, but I enjoyed the backup in this issue, although it ended too soon. It felt like it was just getting started. Will we see more instalments?
There's one in #222 but I think that's all of them. It's cool as hell (which is why I ran it) but it feels like it's the beginning of something bigger. I hope to see more.

www.savagedragon.com
www.imagecomics.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 am 

Erik Larsen wrote:
There's one in #222 but I think that's all of them. It's cool as hell (which is why I ran it) but it feels like it's the beginning of something bigger. I hope to see more.

Me too. I just re-read it and can't believe I didn't pick up on the parallel story telling they had going on in my first read-through. Any chance Image could pick this up as a series? I think this might be my favourite back-up in quite some time!