Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #222 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm 

Holy shit, did this issue catch me by surprise. I thought it was coming out next week, but was pleasantly surprised that it came out today!

Overall I liked it. Erik goes full throttle with this issue and the nudity honestly didn't bother me at all. I felt the scene with Maxine was a little over the top, but it actually didn't bother me as much as I would have thought something like that would have. I wasn't a fan of the threesome and foursome issues, but this didn't feel like that at all.

The Fire-Lords were pretty fucking awesome and it's nice to see that Malcolm has another half-sibling! Very interesting. Too bad about her father.

So Torment's worm grows back? I guess they can't fill that hole with cement as it would be against his civil liberties.

When the hand burst out of Marsha's dads body it actually reminded me that we haven't seen much in the way of the Larsen gore recently! I really hope we see more of it, especially in the upcoming epic arc.

Also, there was a mention of underground wars. I truly hope that we see an all out monster war hit this book soon. Torment returns and we get to see Erik go full Kirby with the monster designs. Also hope that Demonoid from 194 returns as well!

Great issue and I hope 223 isn't too far out as the wait for 225 is going to be killer.

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #222 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:32 am 

Excellent issue! There seems to be no end to the cans of worms Erik has stored away.

I wonder if that girl's mother (Rapture) is the same that gave birth to Malcolm or an alternate version. I've lost track of the different versions over the years. :P

This book seems to be running on all cylinders lately. I think Savage Dragon is at its best when there are several threads going on at once.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:24 pm 

Interview is up

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/23/erik-la ... s-in-sava/

Man these interviews have been coming for 70 plus issues at this point. That's pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:27 pm 

I've been a reader since the first issue and have lurked on these message boards for years, but finally needed to break my silence because I wanted to say that Erik pushing the comic more firmly into adults only territory is fantastic. Savage Dragon has always flirted with the adults only line and I often found myself questioning whether Erik would ever cross it or if not then why not. I think it is a move that isn't remotely out of line with the overall tone/history of the comic and I loved the first issue of this hopefully new era.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:49 am 

Yeah. this issue just wow. i am so on board with the Three Dragons and their wacky hijinks. if these kids are a hand ful now wait till they start getting in on the action in the next year or two. Look at all the trouble just one Savage Dragon gets into now multiply that by three. i officially nominate the page 8 splash of Malcolm to be released as poster. i want two versions one just like in the book and the other one done up to look like an old vintage page. my only complaint or critique would be to ask that the sound effect BRAKKA-DOOM by either left off or positioned behind Malcolm's Twinkee Fingered Fist. and holy crap i have the issue out before me and i'm flipping through it and i did not even register Alex was topless in bed. doesn't bug me, not an issue i tend to read the comic a couple of times before really going back and reading it again slowing down to look at the panels so i did not catch it or Maxine on the bed. i thought Maxine was just always sarcastic and cracking lewd jokes and the like. did not realize there was more to it. fun part about Erik's plots he drops an awful lot of hints at stuff that are subtle or just seem so off hand at the time that they get past you but pay off when you go back and reread your favorite issues. this book just never fails to keep me engaged even when i bitch about it i'm loving every minute of it. Nikos your coloring as always really kicks ass. i had been re reading the Dark Night last night and the two pages with the death of the Fire Lord inhabited Daddy and Bath Time really felt Lynn Varley like. everyone is not joking when the say the book lately is just exploding with energy and ideas. i do hope Sharona's daughter does not take up the name Rapture as a super hero. I have nothing but fond feelings for Rapture and that's the name i use when i think of her which is funny because i hate it as a super hero name. how about Fire-bolt/Fire-volt maybe Lightning Punch/Lightning Fist as a tribute to Malcolm for being such a good coach this issue and talking her through using her powers. i got it! Captain. Deadpool. can't say enough for how much i like Malcolm as a person. i always tend to think that he saw and went through quite a lot of garbage in Dimension X ( i forget what Erik calls it the Nega Zone? ) and when i fill in the blanks i think a lot of his empathy comes from his time there. just fan theory. Jennifers back, Alex is back. this issue was whack!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 am 

I just read #222 and was wondering if Maxine is just super horny or it's a Superpowered disease she has contracted from Malcolm. She is almost propositioning Angel, Dragon without thinking about her marriage vows.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 am 

I speculated that there might be more than simple horniness going on with Maxine in the letter I sent off to Erik regarding this issue. I know some people have a voracious appetite when it comes to sex, but this seems to be getting a little out of control. Still, it's giving us great lines like "giant, misshapen, two-toned devil" cock so I can't really complain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:47 pm 

Malcolm is the MAN - so many heroes these days don't seem to be as genuinely likeable or even have as many likeable traits as he does.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:59 am 

I've collected SD since the beginning and have every issue so far , but I have to admit that I'm glad Dragon is back in the book. I don't really find that Malcom has a personality and I hate Maxine. I enjoy the bits with Angel and am looking forward to the love triangle that Dragon is part of.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:05 am 

Erik definitely seems to be going for the gusto (short of actual explicit sex shots)

Is it wrong that I'm happy about finally seeing Alex full frontal?

I know Dragon/Jennifer dates back to pre-Image, but Dragon/Alex needs to be endgame (no, I will not make up some insipid mashup name).

My, Maxine has gotten rather...spirited, lately. Who says marriage lowers your sex drive?

And let me add mine to the voices saying that, if Angel keeps her counterpart's costume, let her put on some underwear.