Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #222 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:22 pm 

I finally got this issue today. I went out of town for spring break, so I'm a bit behind in my comic reading. It was definitely an above average week. Savage Dragon, Invincible, and East of West all had new issues for me, can't really complain about that.

So many of the books I currently read/have read in the past had nudity, so I'm not bothered by this issue in the least. East of West has it occasionally. Saga does so too, and quite a bit in fact. As did Preacher and Sandman during their runs. As long as it doesn't stray into Crossed territory (by which I mean completely gratuitously) I'm fine. But I'm confident Erik will be relatively appropriate in his use of inappropriateness.

Jennifer Murphy's proposal was quite the cliffhanger to end on given the Alex hook up on the front side of the issue. Personally I'm team Alex, but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to the development of some romantic tension. As the Greek historian Herodotus said: ἄγαθη δ᾽ἔρις (strife is good).

I like Torment as a villain. His visual design is interesting and the fact that the design has components that are tied to his character/nature is a cool bit of congruency. The complication of him regrowing that worm is an interesting twist; it begs the question: what happens if the "reasonable" worm gets removed? Guess we have a rematch to look forward to sometime down the road.

And Erik's comment about the "happy ending" to start the letter column was definitely worth a snicker. All-in-all fantastic issue.

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #222 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:35 pm 

Hi guys!! I just read the issue. The cover explained it well. Now, we welcome Rapture's daughter!!

And the other parts of the story were like scenes from 'Game of Thrones'. HBO style!! Lol

Father Dragon is still og stuff, and I'm glad that he's still around. Larsen sensed his readers missing Dragon, and he saved us!!

Now, to comment on issue #223!! Lol :P