Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL SAVAGE DRAGON #223 thread (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm 

Andrew wrote:
I sent mine in today. I hope I wasn't too late to make the cut!

Good job. I just bought 5 comics today with The Walking Dead, and Youngblood included!! Let's all play chess, and checkers still with the comic book guys to stay cool with each other!! Lol :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:17 pm 

Mikey wrote:
supersonic wrote:
The issue was good as usual, but Maxines getting on my nerves with her behavior. But i think there is a reason for her horny-ness.

Agree big time.

Disagree big time. For me, Maxine saying or doing something grossly inappropriate is always a highlight of the book. I'm now anxiously waiting for each of her new gems, to the point that I'm a bit apprehensive of the moment Erik will grow tired and/or change her tune.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:04 am 

JayWicky wrote:
Mikey wrote:
supersonic wrote:
The issue was good as usual, but Maxines getting on my nerves with her behavior. But i think there is a reason for her horny-ness.

Agree big time.

Disagree big time. For me, Maxine saying or doing something grossly inappropriate is always a highlight of the book. I'm now anxiously waiting for each of her new gems, to the point that I'm a bit apprehensive of the moment Erik will grow tired and/or change her tune.

I've always enjoyed that Maxine isn't afraid to speak her mind and say things that many of us think, but are afraid to say. My main issue as of late is that Maxine seems to have become more of a one note character and everything she does/say is in relation to something sexual. It's fun for an issue here and there, but its kind of just become something that is happening constantly. I like her funny rants and miss those. I'll take those over her simply talking/acting perverted for an entire issue.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:34 pm 

Benny Hasa wrote:
I've always enjoyed that Maxine isn't afraid to speak her mind and say things that many of us think, but are afraid to say. My main issue as of late is that Maxine seems to have become more of a one note character and everything she does/say is in relation to something sexual. It's fun for an issue here and there, but its kind of just become something that is happening constantly. I like her funny rants and miss those. I'll take those over her simply talking/acting perverted for an entire issue.

I agree wholeheartedly.

They Got the Fin Wrong!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:16 am 

Or it might just be that you guys are not getting the joke, like McFarlane when he was rewriting Maxine's dialogue.