Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peter Panzerfaust! February 2012
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 am 
One Man Wolfpac

kurtiswiebe wrote:
So, here it is folks. The official Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic Trailer!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013 ... r/2161877/

That was pretty cool. I think Ron Perlman was the highlight for me - he has an amazing voice so I'm not surprised by that :mrgreen:

Congrats to Kurtis, Tyler and Shadowline!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:40 am 
One Man Wolfpac

A belated note about Peter Panzerfaust #11, I finally got to read it after having no time for comics (can you believe it???!) and I really enjoy the direction of this new arc. You can just feel the momentum this series has been building reflected in the confidence of the storytelling and art. Kicking off with a new narrator, Felix, there is a really awesome pivot in terms of tone and a darker energy. I can't wait to see where the next few issues go!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:21 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Thankfully got to read #12 a lot closer to its release than the previous issue :mrgreen: The twists and turns involving Wendy's brothers in this issue were pretty entertaining. This new episode from the perspective of Felix continues the nice refresh on this series. And that last page... OUCH!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:45 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

The two month wait between issues was really painful, but Peter Panzerfaust #16 "The Hunt: Part 1" was awesome! Definitely worth the wait - I loved the cyclical story structure and the use of flash forwards. The art also seemed to be kicked up a notch while maintaining the series vibe. The characterdevelopment of Tiger Lily has been really enjoyable and she's still one of my fave female comics characters right now. Total badass. So excited to get another Tiger Lily-centric issue in #17 with a beautiful cover:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:01 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Peter Panzerfaust #17 seals it: Tiger Lily is one of my favorite badass comics females ever. There were so many kick ass moments in this issue balanced with fantastic pacing, satisfying plotting and well-crafted dialogue... it was simply a treat to read. The more Tiger Lily, the better - she totally rules!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:24 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Damn, what a great way to follow up an action-packed, badass issue. With issue 18, Wiebe continues to prove that his strongest suits as an author is in the symbolism, character development, dialogue and careful plotting. There's some shocking stuff to slam an exclamation point down where you might not expect it, which was great in its own right, but the slower paced captor/captive moments won the issue for me. This is just seriously fantastic stuff.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:40 am 
One Man Wolfpac

I love these upcoming Lily-centric covers. Tyler's art just keeps getting more refined :mrgreen:

Peter Panzerfaust #20 (probably not really available this month as #19 is solicited for June 18)

http://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/peter-panzerfaust-20

Peter Panzerfaust TPB vol. 4 "The Hunt" (solicited for June 18)

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/peter-panzerfaust-vol.-4-the-hunt-tp

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 pm 
M3K

Whats the word on the BBC TV Show?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:36 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

All I heard on this was that the BBC was trying out a "motion comic" as a pilot with various celebrities in the vocal roles. I haven't heard anything on that in a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:38 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Awesome close to the latest arc of Peter Panzerfaust. The Tiger Lilly-centric issues have been a joy to read and I'm sad that they're over. It seems unlikely that we'll be seeing much more of Julien and Lilly :cry:

That said, I'm stoked to see Peter catch up with Haken, get reacquainted with some other characters we haven't seen in a while, and the upcoming Roc Upchurch/Tyler Jenkins cover artist swap with Rat Queens is pretty sweet (a full issue swap someday might be rad):

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next