Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Get ready for RAT QUEENS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:34 pm 

Okay, i'm confused... after reading the Braga Special, I'm still wondering- is Braga actually Broog's daughter, or is Braga really a Gender-bent Broog?! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:02 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

Yeah, that important piece of plot development was totally left out :roll: I think it's assumed that everyone "got it" that Broog became Braga... somehow. (Note the eye patch). Seemed like there should have been some sort of magic involved, not just years of mourning over Broog's killed "comrade."

I love-love-love 99% of Kurtis Wiebe's body of work, but The Braga special was the first issue of anything he has done that I really didn't like. It read like an old story from Heavy Metal magazine or some kid's high school art project. I think this one should have been left unpublished :x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 pm 

The Euge wrote:
Yeah, that important piece of plot development was totally left out :roll: I think it's assumed that everyone "got it" that Broog became Braga... somehow. (Note the eye patch). Seemed like there should have been some sort of magic involved, not just years of mourning over Broog's killed "comrade."

I love-love-love 99% of Kurtis Wiebe's body of work, but The Braga special was the first issue of anything he has done that I really didn't like. It read like an old story from Heavy Metal magazine or some kid's high school art project. I think this one should have been left unpublished :x

Hey, until it's confirmed one way or the other, i'm not going to assume anything. For all we know, Broog could have been born a girl and raised secretly as a boy, because as the first born, the responsibility fell to her... after leaving the tribe, she fully embraced her feminity.

But i complete agree with this special being a wasted slot. Until Braga and the other (surviving) Peaches become more involved in future arcs, this could have been a "how they met" special. We've already gotten a glimpse of how Hannah 'met' Violet, would have more prevalent to see how Dee and Betty joined the Rat Queens- then the origin of a barely secondary character.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:43 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Well alright, back on track! Rat Queens #9 rebounded like a motherfucker from the missteps of the previous issue. The dialogue was hilarious and clever throughout. I think Stepan Sejic was about as close of a complementary artist possible to take over for Roc Upchurch. The art definitely looks different, but it's in a similar vein and really works for these characters. Still hooked on this, jerks!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:34 pm 

I waited to get mine until there was a decent haul worth picking up. that was this week.

1> I want to see the comic of Betty's dungeon escapade. THAT should have been the "Braga Special."

2> Speaking of Betty, Stjepan does good work on his 'smidgen/halfling' art. I'm not as confused as to what she is.

3> Weibe missed a change to spoof the Avengers' "I've got an army" line. still classic. Is Brad Gary's son?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm 

Saw this on Sejic's deviantart site:

Rat Queens' Out of Bubblegum

You're missing the point Betty. bwahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:55 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Hahahaha, awesome. I'm so stoked for Rat Queens #11, due out next week :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Ugh, I just realized it's a whole 'nother month before Rat Queens #12 is out. I love Stjepan Sejic's art, but dude draws something like 10 titles a month so I'm not surprised by the delays :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:11 am 

The Euge wrote:
Ugh, I just realized it's a whole 'nother month before Rat Queens #12 is out. I love Stjepan Sejic's art, but dude draws something like 10 titles a month so I'm not surprised by the delays :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He's admitted the delays are due to his health issues and felt bad enough that he is stepping aside and letting a new artist take over so start getting a regular schedule. Believe Tess Fowler is the new artist going forward.

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_Universe_Wiki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:15 am 
One Man Wolfpac

capuga wrote:
The Euge wrote:

He's admitted the delays are due to his health issues and felt bad enough that he is stepping aside and letting a new artist take over so start getting a regular schedule. Believe Tess Fowler is the new artist going forward.

Ahh, thanks for the hint. I don't know if I buy the health thing 'cos I see frequent solicitations for all kinds of shizz Sejic writes and draws or just draws every month. I found the following update on the Image site posted on July 1:

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/fowler-and-bonvillain-join-the-rat-queens

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next