Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ed will kick your ass!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 am 

Hopefully Alex doesn't mind me starting this one back up. But I liked it. And I hope you guys did too. :mrgreen:

Last edited by EdKeener on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ed will kick you ass!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am 

Every once in awhile during my career funny little things happened, that may or may not have been funny, but sure made me laugh.

We were going out to do a training flight one day. As normally happens we are all listening in to the pilot and the ground troop talk to each other on the plane interphone system.
This is required in case something bad happens so we'll all know the best way to get off the plane safely.

In the Air Force when you're using the interphone you make a call-up by saying who you are calling followed by who you are. For example; Ground - Pilot would be the pilot calling down to the guy on the ground connected to the plane by his headsets connected to a long headphone cord.

One day I had a new trainee, and we were going through the start-up procedures and she looks at me and asks "Which one is the ground pilot?" I sort of stared at her blankly thinking to myself that no one could possibly be that dumb.

"What?" I asked her.

"The ground pilot...where does he sit?" she asked.

Thankfully I stopped myself from smacking her by taking off my headsets and wandering down the aisle of the plane spewing profanity.

Another day we were going through the start up procedures again. Get all the engines started and get ready to taxi to go take off.

"Running them up crew, brake release." we hear from the cockpit, and the plane starts moving forward.

"UH...PILOT - GROUND!" we hear excitedly exclaimed over the interphone.

Pilot slams on the brakes and brings the plane to a stop. "Ground-Pilot, you're cleared off.......thanks" the pilot says.

"Uh...copy sir. I'm off"

And I'm sure he had some choice words after he was disconnected.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm 

Ed save a few of these stories for when we meet up and have a beer (or 10) because these are great

IMAGE ADDICTION

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:24 am 

I have 20 years worth man. Don't think that'll be a problem, but I am glad you enjoy them. :D

Post subject: Re: Ed will kick your ass!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:07 am 

So we all liked to pick on the new LTs. And some of them were pretty cool. One of those LTs was Blue. Fields was his real name, but he earned the name blue one flight.

Back a few years ago the toliets on our plane were basically porta-potties. You know with the hole that had a toilet seat over it, then the bucket underneath with the blue chemical to catch all the stuff. That's what we had. Nasty I know, but what can you do?

Well during this flight, Lt. Fields had to go and take care of business. So he goes back in the crapper. Unfortunately for him about the time he got in there and go settled we hit and air pocket and dropped a few hundred feet in a few seconds.

Now if you've flown you know when this happens everything sort of floats up in the air, then when the plane regains it's lift everything comes crashing down again. Well in the toilet there are no seatbelts, so poor Lt. Fields goes floating up in the air. Also joining him in his free float is the contents of the toilet that he had previously been occupying. He hits the ceiling, followed closely by the blue toilet chemical. Which subsequently covers his exposed portions. As the plane regains lift, he falls back to the toilet faster than said liquid. So it all sort of rains down on him.

If that wasn't bad enough it was early in the flight, and since it was particularly life threatening we continued the mission. Lt. Fields tried to clean himself up as much as possible, but by the time we landed he was stained a nice shade of blue. Sort of like a 6'2" Smurf.

He goes to the clinic to get a cut he got one his back checked out, and they get it cleaned out, and question him about his blue tint. He explains what happened, but because he had to have 3 stitches to sew up the gash in his back, and there water we used to shower wasn't potable he couldn't shower until 3 days later when the wound had healed enough to avoid infection. So for 3 days Lt. Fields walked around the base with a blue tint.

And that's how you get a nickname in the Air Force that will never go away. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 am 

That's awesome. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 am 

Happy birthday, Ed!

A

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 am 

Alex Grecian wrote:
Happy birthday, Ed!

A

What he ^^^^ said :D

IMAGE ADDICTION

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 am 

Thanks guys! I'll have to come up with a birthday story today. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 am 

Happy birthday, Ed!!