Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: What Are You Reading?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:28 am 

Well since it's been quiet in here for a little while I decided to post what I've been reading:

The Unwritten Vol. 3 - enjoying the series, even though I'm still not completely sure what's going on. But it's a cool enough concept that I keep coming back for more.

Batman: The Black Mirror - My friend gave me the HC for my birthday, and it's been good so far. It's kind of nice having Dick as Batman for a change.

Powers - The book is like crack for me. I just can't stay away from it. Even through the delays and everything. I finally picked up the very few issues I was missing from the series and am reading through it again.

The Maxx - I am only one issue from having the whole series now. And it's issue 35 that I don't have. So if anyone comes across it maybe we can work something out. Another one I'm reading through again.

DC The New 52 - Have been getting: Aquaman, The Flash, Supergirl, Superboy and Teen Titans. Probably going to cut back to just Teen Titans though. Haven't really been digging the others enough to keep pumping out money for them.

Near Death - Much like Alex anything Jay writes I will buy. And this series has been good, I like the done in one aspect of most of the issues, and it's a good story.

Peter Panzerfaust - If you haven't been reading this series you need to kick yourself, then kick yourself again. Then go buy it. It's that good.

Saga - Good book. First Vaughn book I've picked up from the beginning. And Fiona is doing the art on it. So like Riley's work I had to get it.

The Sixth Gun - Love this series. Great art, and the story is good too.

Skullkickers - Can't get enough of Shorty and Baldy! I think they may have been given names now but I don't care. They will always be Shorty and Baldy to me!

Chew and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man round out the reading list, but UCSM is close to the chopping block.

Has anybody been reading the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? A friend recommended it to me, and I might pick up the trades and give it a shot too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 am 

Art of Todd is 2 years late, and they have to release it on the exact same day as the s/n deluxe collection!?! :evil:

ART OF TODD MCFARLANE DEVILS IN THE DETAILS HC S/N ED $99.99
GLORY #30 [DIG] $3.99
IT GIRL & THE ATOMICS #4 [DIG] $2.99
MIND THE GAP #6 CVR A ESQUEJO [DIG] $2.99
SAVAGE DRAGON #183 [DIG] $3.50
SPAWN #225 OBAMA $2.99
SPAWN #225 ROMNEY $2.99
SPAWN ORIGINS DLX ED HC S/N VOL 03 $150.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698 $3.99
CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 NOW $3.99
DAREDEVIL #20 $2.99
HAWKEYE #4 $2.99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 am 

Since a lot the rest of this board has gone to crap with little to no comic discussion, I'd love to get this thread up and running again.

Lately I've been reading Fables, finally got all caught up. I've really enjoyed the book, and other than a couple of issues it's been really good consistently. Just started reading Jack of Fables in the trades, and have been picking up Fairest since it started.

Picked up The Activity and have really enjoyed the first two trades.

Of course still reading Skullkickers, and The Sixth Gun.

I've dropped all my original DC books that I had picked up during the re-launch, but I did add Batman back in during the Death of the Family arc...now to see how long that lasts on the pull list.

Mice Templar is getting ready to start back up! Very excited for the final act of this story.

That's not all I'm reading but it's a good start to get some talk going I hope.

What is everyone else reading?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25