Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Cute Convention Story
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 pm 

Got back from Fabletown and Beyond today. It was great!! A more in depth talk on it when I am awake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 am 

Glad you had fun, Ed!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 am 

It was really a good time. First off it was a very small setting so there wasn't huge crowds, so you weren't being pushed and shoved and rubbing up against people all the time. Second, the setting was perfect for this type of convention. I only wish I'd done a little more research of who was going to be there so I could have checked out more of their work before I actually got there.

Once we arrived and got checked in we ran into Bryan J. L. Glass, and sat down over drinks to talk all things Mice Templar. I've been friends with Bryan for awhile now so that was cool. The next day I hung out some with Bryan and Mike, then I met David Petersen of Mouse Guard fame. Hmm...let me just run through everyone I talked to at length. Bryan and Oeming, David Petersen, Adam Hughes, Gene Ha, Peter Gross and Mike Carey, Bill Willingham and Buckingham, Steve Leialoa (sp?), Mitch Gerdas (artist for The Activity), and a couple others.

Sat in on a couple of panels, and afterwords it was cool because there wasn't a lot of people there, if you asked a question the creators remembered you, and would normally talk some more about whatever you had asked or other things.

Since everything was all in one place it was neat too. Once the showroom floor closed down, you were able to go hang out with the creators in the bar and overflow room. I played 3 games of Cards Against Humanity with Adam Hughes, David Petersen and a couple of the other creators that were there. It was more like a weekend of hanging out than being at a con.

About the only other Con experience that I could compare it to was when I got to hang out with Alex all day at Planet ComiCon. It was like that except for 3 days, and drinks.