Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I just attended Baltimore Comicon and want to say...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:44 pm 

what a great and nice guy Mr. Glass is. Easy to talk to and just really excited to talk about his work. Excited for his future projects at image after Mice Templar ends.

Post subject: Re: I just attended Baltimore Comicon and want to say...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:26 am 

I have found the same thing true the few times I have been able to hang out with Bryan at Cons. Very much looking forward to Fabletown and Beyond in March!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 am 

ArmyofJuan wrote:
what a great and nice guy Mr. Glass is. Easy to talk to and just really excited to talk about his work. Excited for his future projects at image after Mice Templar ends.

Great City... you sure you saw Baltimore or just the convention center :)

I was shocked at how packed it was Saturday... I wonder if there is a way to find out how many tickets were sold. The convention was HUGE... I was there for 7 hours on Saturday and didnt get to see everything. I didnt even See Erik's table anywhere, Didnt see Stan Lee's booths, Didnt see any of the upstairs conference room stuff, and it was packed wall to wall with people the entire time. I was amazed.

I did find Justin Jordan and Tradd, and I got the last Ennis signature of the day :) Garth was really, really nice.. oh and I have an extremely rare Justin Jordan sketch, its pretty spectacular. Tradd laughed at him a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm 

jerad741 wrote:
ArmyofJuan wrote:

Great City... you sure you saw Baltimore or just the convention center :)

I was shocked at how packed it was Saturday... I wonder if there is a way to find out how many tickets were sold. The convention was HUGE... I was there for 7 hours on Saturday and didnt get to see everything. I didnt even See Erik's table anywhere, Didnt see Stan Lee's booths, Didnt see any of the upstairs conference room stuff, and it was packed wall to wall with people the entire time. I was amazed.

I did find Justin Jordan and Tradd, and I got the last Ennis signature of the day :) Garth was really, really nice.. oh and I have an extremely rare Justin Jordan sketch, its pretty spectacular. Tradd laughed at him a bit.

I was actually kind of surprised by Baltimore. I have only really been there once before briefly for a show, but i found everyone to be nicer than i thought they would be. It was also neat to see the inner harbor because it was designed by the same people who did the water front here in Norfolk.

I only went on sunday though. I wanted to go on saturday to attend some of the panels like valiant, as this is my first convention ever, but i went to the aquarium instead. I went to an IDW panel which was neat, even though i don't read many things from them currently.

But i got everything i brought with me signed and saw erik larson and got him to sign my issue of savage dragon #1. Talked to Geoff Darrow and David Petersen for a bit and thought Garth Ennis was a really nice guy as well, especially since he was the only one to ask for my name, which i hadn't really thought about until he did, but was kinda neat.

All in all though, good con experience and im excited for next year. Will probably try and make it to heroes con in charlotte as well. Also now know to bring a lot more cash with me to get sketches/art

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 am 

where the heck was Erik? I didnt see his table at all, I looked for him for a little bit over by the snyder/ennis area.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:02 am 

ArmyofJuan wrote:

Thank you so much, AoJ! :)
I strive to entertain in both my work and in person. Sometimes I succeed!

I love Baltimore Con, and wish it was a 3-day show...yet I'll take it however I can get it!

And Volume IV is coming!!! :D