Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am
Posts: 3021
Location: AZ
NicholasBrandt wrote:
wesofthedead wrote:
NicholasBrandt wrote:
For the record (for those confused)... Lowest of the Low and The Hip are two of my favorite bands as I have faux Canadian roots. I also like hockey and I'm reasonably kind.

yer a damn canadian sympathizer haha


Yes. Proudly. Also loved Kids in the Hall.

Can we be friends? :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 am
Posts: 79
NicholasBrandt wrote:
Also loved Kids in the Hall.


Might as well admit to breathing and that you must sleep at night if you're gonna state something that's true about everyone.

_________________
Image
http://depressedboy.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 232
Based on your KITH reference, YES! Stripper's Union is Craig Northey of Odds and Rob Baker of the Hip. One of their coolest songs, "Give Up and Go Away," was written by Dave Foley! There's a live version at YouTube, but you can hear the original at grooveshark. If you do, it's NOT the one that sounds like some Mariah Carey junk when it starts up. Something is mislabeled. Go to grooveshark.com, search on Stripper's Union, and pick the second one listed.

Also, Craig's "Giddy Up" video was directed by Bruce McCulloch. It's all connected.

Wes, if you're going to do that to Hayley, please link me to a larger version of the original picture. I suffer headaches, and it helps when it looks like she suffers with me. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 23
Location: SoCal
Orange wrote:
NicholasBrandt wrote:

Yes. Proudly. Also loved Kids in the Hall.

Can we be friends? :mrgreen:


Yes, indeed. Let's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 23
Location: SoCal
Ras wrote:
Based on your KITH reference, YES! Stripper's Union is Craig Northey of Odds and Rob Baker of the Hip. One of their coolest songs, "Give Up and Go Away," was written by Dave Foley! There's a live version at YouTube, but you can hear the original at grooveshark. If you do, it's NOT the one that sounds like some Mariah Carey junk when it starts up. Something is mislabeled. Go to grooveshark.com, search on Stripper's Union, and pick the second one listed.

Also, Craig's "Giddy Up" video was directed by Bruce McCulloch. It's all connected.

Wes, if you're going to do that to Hayley, please link me to a larger version of the original picture. I suffer headaches, and it helps when it looks like she suffers with me. :P


Will look them up. Thank you for the tip!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 23
Location: SoCal
NicholasBrandt wrote:
Ras wrote:
Based on your KITH reference, YES! Stripper's Union is Craig Northey of Odds and Rob Baker of the Hip. One of their coolest songs, "Give Up and Go Away," was written by Dave Foley! There's a live version at YouTube, but you can hear the original at grooveshark. If you do, it's NOT the one that sounds like some Mariah Carey junk when it starts up. Something is mislabeled. Go to grooveshark.com, search on Stripper's Union, and pick the second one listed.

Also, Craig's "Giddy Up" video was directed by Bruce McCulloch. It's all connected.

Wes, if you're going to do that to Hayley, please link me to a larger version of the original picture. I suffer headaches, and it helps when it looks like she suffers with me. :P


Will look them up. Thank you for the tip!


Found "The Deuce" on iTunes and bought on your say so....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 232
Wow, I'm a little worried now. I haven't heard that one yet, myself. I hope you like it! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:06 pm 
Offline
M3K
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am
Posts: 31581
Location: sinnoh
Ras wrote:
Based on your KITH reference, YES! Stripper's Union is Craig Northey of Odds and Rob Baker of the Hip. One of their coolest songs, "Give Up and Go Away," was written by Dave Foley! There's a live version at YouTube, but you can hear the original at grooveshark. If you do, it's NOT the one that sounds like some Mariah Carey junk when it starts up. Something is mislabeled. Go to grooveshark.com, search on Stripper's Union, and pick the second one listed.

Also, Craig's "Giddy Up" video was directed by Bruce McCulloch. It's all connected.

Wes, if you're going to do that to Hayley, please link me to a larger version of the original picture. I suffer headaches, and it helps when it looks like she suffers with me. :P

dont worry ill change it back in a week or so, just did it for mustache/beard month on the kirkman board, yea this picture of her is pretty much how i feel everyday
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/ ... g-04tc.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 232
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the link. That's awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LDB #6
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 am
Posts: 79
If any of you are buying digitally, issue 6 just hit Comixology.

https://comics.imagecomics.com/?action=error&type=401#/issue/14527/The-Li-l-Depressed-Boy-6

_________________
Image
http://depressedboy.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group