Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why Mudman is one of my new favorite comics.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 am 

I am not going to lie, this is my first foray into the world of Paul Grist, but I am completely hooked. I read some good reviews about Mudman and decided to hunt down the singles and give it a shot. I found all but issue four and just figured, "Oh, well, I will just pick that one up later." After reading one through three I knew I had to have four right away and, after a night of hunting comic stores and the internet, I purchased it. Having now read all of the issues, I can confidently say that this is my new favorite super hero.
When I was younger I loved Spider-Man so much but always got annoyed with some of the outlandish storylines that took what I loved about the character (his relatability) and turned it on its head. The crossovers were also not helpful as they required me to have knowledge of comics I did not really care about (I am looking your way Fantastic Four). Reading Mudman harkens me back to the old days of Spider-Man that I loved so much.
Let me just be one of the many who say, your talent is great Mr. Grist, and I look forward to all of your Mudman adventures and I will be buying anything else you put out that I can get my hands on.
On a similar note, my wife is also a big fan of your comic showing that your work is not just limited to the male sector (a hard trick to pull of in the super-hero realm).
Once again, thank you for Mudman and I can hardly wait to read the future issues.