Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NOBLE CAUSES
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:51 am 

http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-content ... ses-40.jpg

How have we gone this long without a Noble Causes discussion thread, except the one about reading order?

Post subject: Re: NOBLE CAUSES
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 am 
M3K

I've been planning to re read the whole series. This was definitely one of my favorite Indie books ever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 pm 

Noble Causes was one of the series that got me back into buying comics (along with Savage Dragon and Fear Agent).

I was recently reading a few of the issues that I bought at some conventions and I appreciate them even more now. Only need a few more to complete collecting them all.

Really wish that series would start up again. Love the characters and the story lines. Thanks Jay! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:56 am 

I'm also looking to start a reread of the series. I think I know where I can pick up all the color TPs for a song too. I have the first archive, but I'll be honest the gray-scaled color artwork just isn't reproduced very well IMO. Should have just used original inked artwork IMO.

Anyway, Noble Causes was one of my earliest experiments with Image comics, the gateway comic that eventually lead me to Savage Dragon, Invincible, and beyond. So it will always have a special place in my heart.

Even if the 'soft reboot' of issue 32 and beyond lost touch with what I felt was the core of the series (basically, by removing Liz from the picture, it became just another superhero book IMO). I think the high point of the series for me was that very first story arc of the ongoing series. A and B plots were going full bore, Fran Bueno was probably the best single artist the title ever had, and I was generally excited to get the next issue.

Yup, definitely time for a reread.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:59 pm 

My favorite artists who worked on NC:

Billy Dallas Patton
Patrick Gleason
Ian Richardson
Andres Ponce
Fran Bueno
Yildiray Cinar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 pm 

Jim Purcell wrote:
I'm also looking to start a reread of the series. I think I know where I can pick up all the color TPs for a song too. I have the first archive, but I'll be honest the gray-scaled color artwork just isn't reproduced very well IMO. Should have just used original inked artwork IMO.

I guess it's just a matter of one's preference then. I don't like seeing just black and white on stuff that was originally colored, but I really liked this gray scaled look. I re-read the series a year or two ago using these and I though the gray scale was great!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm 

I really miss this series. It's one of the few i was compelled to buy every issue, then the trades. This comic was one of the best kept secrets. It's a damn shame more people didn't discover it, because it was so amazingly addicting. I need to re-read the whole lot for the umpteenth time. I am thankful that we got as many issues as we did. Thank you for the whole Faerber universe Jay.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:25 pm 
M3K

Anyone wanna start a group reading? Every few days or whatever we read an issue or so and discuss it as we go?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 pm 
M3K

Greg wrote:
Anyone wanna start a group reading? Every few days or whatever we read an issue or so and discuss it as we go?

Im down... I dont think I have it all though. I started with the 5 year later reboot and picked up as much of the singles as I could. Im willing to get the trades of the series I dont have, I just havent gotten around to it yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:58 pm 

Greg wrote:

I'd might be down with this. Not sure though. I'm already backlogged with trades I haven't read before and I read Noble Causes as soon as I got them in the mail.

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_Universe_Wiki