Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: I know, sorry to ask - Gemini?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:47 am 

400yrs wrote:
Jay Faerber wrote:
Ras wrote:
And if this comes to light, then what of Jack Medusa? ;) Jay, you're probably sick of hearing about that one, but it has to feel good to make a one-shot that still resonates with a lot of people four years later.

Talk to Top Cow about URBAN MYTHS. That one's completely out of my hands.

-- Jay

And that's one of the reasons I don't care for Top Cow. I thought all the Image umbrella books were owned by the creators, but I guess Top Cow isn't really a creator owned company. Not sure why they still have the Image association. I don't know the background on it, but I don't consider Top Cow to be Image (in my mind at least). Shadowline? Yeah.

Well, Top Cow is part of Image, but Image has no control over how they operate. It's not like Top Cow did anything wrong by me -- I knew the terms of the deal when I signed the contract. There's no ill will there. Top Cow offers creator-ownership similar to the way IDW or Boom! or Vertigo does. It's more creator-participation than full, outright ownership. But what you get in return is some sort of page rate or advance.

-- Jay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:31 pm 
M3K

Off of Facebook
Quote:
The Official Jay Faerber Fan Page
So I just got a bunch of inks for GEMINI issue 5 from @JonSommariva. So yes, it IS being worked on!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:50 pm 

did you make sure that was a recent update?
if it's true that Sommariva is slowly working on Gemini #5 I wonder if Jay would be better off just collecting the series and selling it as a trade, rather than releasing a #5 to a series that's been on hiatus for over two years...

Hell, i'd buy it if Jay got a go for the WarChest one-shot, and then he could do a double-issue.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:43 am 
M3K

He posted it yesterday on FB.... why would he repost an old status?

Jay is one of my few exceptions.... any other book that was this late would get no love from me. Jay has more than earned my support for him and his books. I buy everything he puts out, even if I don't like the book. So single issue or trade.. actually both.... I will be buying.

As for WarChest.... I still want to see that, but after doing ANOTHER re-read of D5, I want that book back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:05 am 

It's true, Jon IS working on GEMINI slowly but surely. He's only got 7 more pages to ink, so we're coming down the home stretch.

I don't know if we'll release it as a single or just do a trade. I don't want to penalize people who only want to read the 5th issue by making them buy the trade, but maybe if we cram the trade full of extras AND make it super cheap it would be worth it. We'll see...

-- Jay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 am 
M3K

Quote:
The Official Jay Faerber Fan Page
Got more GEMINI inks from @JonSommariva today. We've only got one page to go! Next step: get the book colored and lettered.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:16 am 

Jay Faerber wrote:
It's true, Jon IS working on GEMINI slowly but surely. He's only got 7 more pages to ink, so we're coming down the home stretch.

I don't know if we'll release it as a single or just do a trade. I don't want to penalize people who only want to read the 5th issue by making them buy the trade, but maybe if we cram the trade full of extras AND make it super cheap it would be worth it. We'll see...

-- Jay

Hmmm..I can see that Jay. I would like to have the 5th issue just to complete the series in my collection, but just having it all will be cool either way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:40 am 

EdKeener wrote:
Jay Faerber wrote:

-- Jay

Hmmm..I can see that Jay. I would like to have the 5th issue just to complete the series in my collection, but just having it all will be cool either way.

Yep, I understand. I just don't know if there will be enough people interested in that 5th issue to warrant printing it on its own. And it sucks -- it's our own fault and no one else's. I haven't talked to Image about it yet, so I don't know what our options are.

-- Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:39 am 

maybe an oversized 5th issue with recap snippets, and possibly a discounted trade?

I may still have my singles...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:19 pm 
M3K

SigsMinock2 wrote:
maybe an oversized 5th issue with recap snippets, and possibly a discounted trade?

I may still have my singles...

I have my singles(issue 3 signed by Jay) and just did a re-read. I love the superheroes of the Faerberverse.