Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOW COOL IS THE NEW HAUNT TEAM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:20 am 

That looks great!
looking forward to issue 19 :D

whens 18 out?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 pm 

Dark-Flux wrote:
That looks great!
looking forward to issue 19 :D

whens 18 out?

No word yet on when, but I'm hoping soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 pm 

I find it difficult to get into the comic. What do you guys find interesting about it? Perhaps I am reading it wrong. If so, maybe some input from readers will help me read it right.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:46 am 

Dave Busters wrote:
I find it difficult to get into the comic. What do you guys find interesting about it? Perhaps I am reading it wrong. If so, maybe some input from readers will help me read it right.
For me from the first couple of panels of Daniel with the prostitute I found myself asking "Who is this Daniel character and what is he all about?". The military aspect of the story is what drew me in even more. Also from the beginning you had a priest (Daniel) who didn't seem to have many morals and his brother (Kurt) who even though worked where he worked showed some character defining moments when he decided to kill Dr. Shillinger for the things he was doing to those homeless Bolivians. The twisted love triangles that happened later in the story and the introduction of several interesting characters (Cobra,Mirage,Amanda,Tosh,Hurg) made the story even more interesting to me. After Kurt apologized for hurting Daniel we finally got a glimpse of who Daniel "The Man" was before he was badly hurt by Kurt and Amanda's betrayal. IMO He was a little brother who wanted nothing more than to be like his older brother til his older brother stole his girlfriend and broke his heart. I clearly felt Daniel breaking out of his depression when Assistant Director Tosh offered him a job with the Agency and Daniel finally realized that he had a life, a purpose. He had the closure he had always needed from his heartbreak and now realized he actually had feelings for Charity/Autumn (the prostitute, I mean how interesting can it get). Issue #6 gave Mirage's perspective of what happened in the first 5 issues which was a cool way to wrap up the first story arc and... I could actually go on forever on all the really cool things I like about HAUNT, but one of my favorite things was Cobra and how that character has developed. Issues #13-17 the story wasn't the best it could be, but I believe it's because Kirkman was trying to juggle way too many things. With this new HAUNT team I truely have faith ;) this comic is going to pick up quite nicely. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:22 pm 

Wow. It looks like...uh...you really like Haunt. Can't remember the last time someone had your type of faith in an indie book.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:34 pm 

That's kinda what the whole book revolves around. FAITH. From Daniel's belief in God (you will notice in alot of his conflicts his cross is either around his neck or in his hands) and the faith he places on Kurt and the decisions that Kurt has helped him make. Then there's the faith that the woman he cares for, a prostitute, really had the same feelings for him to the point that it gave her strength to leave that lifestyle. Then there's the faith Alegria showed in her beliefs when she sacrificed her own life for Daniel and Kurt. This whole comic is riddled with examples of FAITH that I didn't even mention. That's why I have faith in this indie book. :) ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 am 

I'll be at the library today and I'll check on the Haunt tbp they have there. Maybe I'll post some images and you can explain some stuff for me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:29 am 

Dave Busters wrote:
I'll be at the library today and I'll check on the Haunt tbp they have there. Maybe I'll post some images and you can explain some stuff for me. :)
Sure, no problem ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm 
M3K

haunt 20 was awsome, harvey tubman looks like hes gonna be a cool character, the past 2 issues have been better then the last about 10 issues, keep it up guys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:04 pm 

I agree. #20 was very good and IMO the new team is doing an amazing job so far. Can't wait to read more. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next