Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOW COOL IS THE NEW HAUNT TEAM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm 

I'm still having trouble knowing if i like the new team or not. The art is way different, which in some panels looks really nice with FCO's coloring but in other panels its hard to tell whats going on. As for the story I cant say I'm digging it very much, the characters act so different its like a different book. Maybe if I read it and just think of it as a whole new book it will seem better. I have faith in Joe though so i hope it will pick up and blow my mind. I am interested in this new jesus looking character! haha.

Follow my new comic blog at..
http://www.leoscomicblog.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:39 pm 

I like the art. I had an easier time telling what was going on in this issue. I think the colors are part of the thing making the art confusing.

I'm OK with the new direction and have faith that Casey will make things interesting and explain why characters are acting differently. If not I'm still OK enjoying the story on it's own merits.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:43 pm 

I liked this issue. Im really digging Caseys writing and i like where hes taking things.
I also like Kurts new attitude but am thankful that there may be an actual reason for this change given Daniels reaction.

The art, i felt was better this issue, but still a mit messy in action scenes. Might be down to colouring idk.

Still Harvey seems awesome :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm 

Does anybody know if there are prints for sale anywhere of interior pages? I'm a big fan of the coloring (esp. the newest issues) and I've been looking everywhere... but I'm relatively new to the whole scene so I'd appreciate any help...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 am 

I've think I've seen some prints offered on Greg Capullo's DeviantArt page, but they are not colored. I'm not quite sure though. You might want to head over there and check it out. As for any Nathan Fox prints, I have not seen any around. If I do I'll let you know. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:50 pm 

Thanks! I've never really felt the need for prints before, so I'm at a bit of a loss... Hooray!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 pm 

Ryan Ottley also sells a Haunt print here:

http://ryanottleystore.bigcartel.com/category/prints

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_Universe_Wiki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:21 am 

I've got two extra Haunt prints from NYCC this year signed by McFarlane, Casey & Fox. Fire me a PM if you're interested.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:17 pm 

good to know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:56 pm 

I was waiting for the trades but they came too slow, so after the third one came out I just started looking to go back and buy single issues, and I still haven't found 20 or 21. So the only issue I've read of the new team is issue 19.

I am a BIG fan of the Haunt comics, and I'm a little worried. Honestly I was really liking where the storyline was going, I wasn't too big a fan of the story arc with the Apparition, but I was very interested in seeing what was going to happen with characters like Cobra and Hurg. But in this issue it seems like they're doing as much as they can to separate themselves from what Kirkman set up. I hope that they come back to some of that stuff, as I was really curious as to where it was going.

It's a shame the book doesn't have more readers. I've really enjoyed it but it seems like it's had a really shakey life. Even though I'm worried about the new team working on the book, I definitely think the artist was due for a change. Don't get me wrong, I love Capullo, but it seemed like the art took a bad turn after issue 12. Characters appearing off-model constantly, characters clearly copy-pasted from different pages or issues, wildly varied levels of detail between pages, and even on the same page, and lots of different artists filling in for certain pages or inks. It was just all over the place. I wish this book could get more respect.

I'll be picking up the other issues as soon as I can and try to get caught up, and hopefully my fears will be put to rest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next