Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HAUNT #23 (Full of Creepy Spoilers)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:36 pm 

Haunt #23 continues the saga of Kilgore brothers Daniel and Kurt. In this issue, Daniel finally pays his respects to Autumn after her grizzly passing. Meanwhile, Kurt drops in on Amanda for closure. But the biggest events in this issue aren’t about who the Kilgore brothers say goodbye to, but what other worldly creatures they‘re about to meet. Don’t miss one second of this thrilling story!!

What a great issue! Nathan's art is improving but he hasn't lost the chaotic nature in which he attacks action sequences and in my opinion that's what sets apart this title from others. The colors by Ivan Plascencia were amazing and I can tell he's also getting a little more comfortable. I really enjoyed the flashback scenes which gave a deeper look into what kind of religion Daniel was involved in. Amanda makes an appearance which also helps get a better understanding of what kind of relationship Kurt and her had. I really love what Joe Casey is doing with these characters and I must say I'm very intrigued in which direction this story seems to be heading. Overall this issue had a good mix of story telling and action. 3 thumbs up because honestly 2 wasn't enough. ;)

Post subject: Re: HAUNT #23 (Full of Creepy Spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 am 

Very late reply but my delivery was late...

Loved it! Possibly the best of the new run so far. The art was great, Nathan definetly found his groove i think, love the colours.
The writing continues to be strong and i wuv me some Harvey Tubmen :)

Post subject: Re: HAUNT #23 (Full of Creepy Spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:19 am 

Dark-Flux wrote:
Very late reply but my delivery was late...

Loved it! Possibly the best of the new run so far. The art was great, Nathan definetly found his groove i think, love the colours.
The writing continues to be strong and i wuv me some Harvey Tubmen :)
Too bad more people don't seem to be reading this title. :( I'm loving the story as well and the bugs that seem to be related to the Insect King, an enemy of the Second Church, are sweet. I can't wait to see what happens with that. Amanda's appearance painted a clearer picture of Kurt's marriage. Before I simply mistook Kurt for a womanizer, but after seeing what kind of relationship they had it makes perfect sense he would cheat on her with other woman, especially Mirage. This title is taking off big time. It's just upsetting it's not getting the attention it deserves IMO.