Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Season 7 is STARTS TONIGHT!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:11 am 
M3K Don

supersonic wrote:
I dont see Negan Comic Book the way he is portrayed now, but thats okay because JDM makes him even better. I hate that Negan always says something like fuckedifuck fuck or something. Its rather stupid...

I find it funny cuz it makes the scene a lil lighthearted. Its gallows humor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 am 

JDM is good at the part, but he's too damn serious. He tries to be lighthearted and funny, but it doesn't really work. I'd rather have the comic version but I doubt any actor could do comic Negan justice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:38 am 
M3K

EL Madman wrote:
Was I the only who read Negan that way?

nah i did too, i know the actor is always joking an smiling but negan is so cartoony yer right

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:59 am 

I absolutley hate Negan so much, i would cheer if someone kills him. Maybe thats a good sign, because the writers succeeded with their idea of a villain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:01 am 

Negan is arguably the very best thing to happen to the comic so I don't know what your talking about.

He's a complex character (not a developed one, though he may if he really wants to help Rick) who affects the characters in interesting but logical ways and he drives and is at the center of many of the most interesting moments in the comics in the past 4 years. If you don't like his dialogue, I understand that, it's not for everyone, but is part of his uniqueness (for as much as people complain about his barrage of swearing, how many other villains do it as rampant as he does?)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:12 am 
M3K Don

I think t.v Negan, will be what Kirkman originally had planned for Shane.

He's going to be a good guy, and he will raise lil Glenn as his own. Then we will have the I killed your father Glenn, but you can call me Daddy. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:44 am 

bigboss wrote:
Negan is arguably the very best thing to happen to the comic so I don't know what your talking about.

He's a complex character (not a developed one, though he may if he really wants to help Rick) who affects the characters in interesting but logical ways and he drives and is at the center of many of the most interesting moments in the comics in the past 4 years. If you don't like his dialogue, I understand that, it's not for everyone, but is part of his uniqueness (for as much as people complain about his barrage of swearing, how many other villains do it as rampant as he does?)

Nah, i think you understand me wrong. It´s like in pro wrestling, if you hate a certain charakter its a rather good sign, because the writer succeded then.

I dont know if you understand me now. If he dies, i will cheer, yes...but he brings interesting situations to the table. His language is a bit odd in the comic books, but i can live with that. In the german translation (movie) he is not talking like that. A bit, but very toned down, and thats a good thing because it woudlnt work in the show...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:12 am 

It's gonna be hard to accept when Dwight and Negan switch sides to Rick's group on the show, eventually. They have portrayed them MUCH more brutal so how are the masses going forgive that? I'd rather see them BOTH dead and just write new characters in for them, than the audience forgive and forget that kind of brutality.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:04 am 

Reziah wrote:
It's gonna be hard to accept when Dwight and Negan switch sides to Rick's group on the show, eventually. They have portrayed them MUCH more brutal

I don't think the comic book versions were any less brutal. We're 60 issues out from #100, and have had them as "good guys" for the past 20+ issues. That's clouded our memory and changed our opinions of them.

The show is already setting the ground work for Dwight's redemption. The TV audience is going to hate Negan so much, when Dwight helps lead to his downfall, he will be forgiven. Negan on the other hand...... I think he's going to be such a serious and violent character, the TV audience will never forgive him. Hell, if it weren't for the comedic element he brings to the comic, we'd all still probably hate him too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:09 pm 

Yeah I hope tv dwight dies in all out war

Im good with negan getting locked up like the comic but tv dwight needs to get got

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next