Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Invincible #133
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:11 am 

Wheeee, great to have Ottley back.

Story was what you would expect, pretty much. Good to get it started/rolling.

I have to admit I'm not 100% sold on the colourist yet, but it's not bad by any means. I probably just need to get used to it.

Post subject: Re: Invincible #133
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm 

Very good issue, and lookin' very good!

I didn't think Mark needed to be so mad at Allen, especially since Oliver knowing about Thragg's attack actually led to his very own daughter's life being saved. It led to Oliver's death, but it saved his daughter... but I see how in trying times people who shouldn't be fighting may end up fighting. (And of course later on, we find out that Mark has more than enough reason to be mad at Allen, though he doesn't know this)

Caught up on the previous arc, loved that Walker run too, really emotional and very well done stuff.

Also was nice to have a happy moment there with the wedding, could've gone for another happy page or two before we get into... the ultimate war of final ultimateness! Which will be epic.

Post subject: Re: Invincible #133
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:51 pm 

PsychoGoatee wrote:
Very good issue, and lookin' very good!

I didn't think Mark needed to be so mad at Allen, especially since Oliver knowing about Thragg's attack actually led to his very own daughter's life being saved. It led to Oliver's death, but it saved his daughter... but I see how in trying times people who shouldn't be fighting may end up fighting. (And of course later on, we find out that Mark has more than enough reason to be mad at Allen, though he doesn't know this)

I was tripping on the fight against Allen too. Then, I saw him confess what Invincible's suspicions to be true, but worse!! And it's like Allen might die now. The last panels plus him on the next issue's cover gave that feeling.

I hope not though. His character reminds me of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson too. Now I can see the goodness. Sunder the Morlock in X-Men was like that.

Beautiful background sci fi art too. Ottley's pencils, and inks are tight. I wonder what comic he'll draw next after Invincible is all through. Lol :P