Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Grim Leaper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 am 
One Man Wolfpac

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/columns/face-to-greg/17829-waking-in-the-green-with-kurtis-wiebe.html/

Hey Kurtis, any projections on when we might see Grim Leaper on the stands? It's a ridiculously cool concept, BTdubs. Besides Quantum Leap, the idea also kinda reminds me of this ultra violent manga/anime, Gantz which showed a little promise, but suffered from awful writing and schizophrenic (in a bad way) plot twists. I'm excited that you'll bring your usual literary genius to something in a similar vein.

Post subject: Re: Grim Leaper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:30 am 

The Euge wrote:
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/columns/face-to-greg/17829-waking-in-the-green-with-kurtis-wiebe.html/

Hey Kurtis, any projections on when we might see Grim Leaper on the stands? It's a ridiculously cool concept, BTdubs. Besides Quantum Leap, the idea also kinda reminds me of this ultra violent manga/anime, Gantz which showed a little promise, but suffered from awful writing and schizophrenic (in a bad way) plot twists. I'm excited that you'll bring your usual literary genius to something in a similar vein.

I'm hoping for a May release. I've been trying to line up my schedule between Image Central and Image Shadowline so my new series are staggered a few months between, but I haven't had any confirmation. Fingers crossed we'll see it this spring.

I'm really excited about this book, too. Aluisio is killing it on art and I think it's some of my strongest work yet. I love dark humour ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 am 
One Man Wolfpac

I'm a big fan of dark humor too... what are some of your favorite examples out there from other creative types?

I can still get laughs during trips through American Psycho, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Breaking Bad, etc... when they're *trying* to be funny anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/04/committed-designing-a-comic-book-logo-grim-leaper/

Here's a cool article about how Kurtis and Sonia Harris developed the slick and stylish logo for his upcoming title, Grim Reaper. I've never doubted for a second that Kurtis puts enormous amounts of thought into everything he does, but to be this detail-oriented and deliberate on the logo is pretty impressive.

Awesome work to Kurtis and Sonia!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Pretty interesting CBR interview with Kurtis on Grim Leaper: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37649

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:20 am 

Comic Buzz reviewed Grim Leaper #1 and gave it an 8/10, saying: "Overall, this is a fantastic debut. The art is very accomplished and matches the darkness and humour in Wiebe’s scripting. The last page will make you want to read on. There’s plenty of death in comics, but if you, like me, think that not enough of it is mixed with romance and humour, then Grim Leaper is the comic for you."

More here: http://comicbuzz.com/review-grim-leaper-1

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/05/30/comic-review-grim-leaper-1/

A very positive review for Grim Leaper #1 from Geeks of Doom. I have my copy and it's sitting at the top of my pile (along with Peter Panzerfaust #4), I just need some spare time to crack into it. I'm crazy busy this week, but hope to sneak in a read tonight!! It's a good week to be a Kurtis Wiebe fan :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:51 pm 

Picked it up, read it, loved it. I'm down to get the remaining issues also. Looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:05 pm 

I really liked it a lot more than I thought I would, not going to lie. I'm on for issue 2!

The art wasn't my style but it grew on me by the end.

Good work, this has great potetential.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

Picked up my copy of Grim Leaper #2 today and I have yet to read it yet but my LCS had several copies on the rack. A good sign because it didn't look like they did a post-#1 issue draw-down like I've seen with other new titles. Can't wait to get into the new issue!! :mrgreen: