Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Wake Explained Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 am 

Is there any chance of the research or threads of Krieger's story making it into another project?

I'm a sucker for WW2 stories. I had to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:55 am 

Wow, that's a pretty cool framework to build a world out of. I liked the idea that they existed in both worlds simultaneously. It really could have opened up into some huge arcs about revealing the world of Green Wake or even a larger Green Wake Civil War - one side wanting to end Green Wake and the other wanting it to feed Hecate more sadness complete with Green Wake spies, double agents and whatnot.

Anyway - it unfortunate it ended as soon as it did, but I do have one request: For the benefit of those that have read issue #10 already - could you expand on the end of that issue; what Morley's role is, what Green Wake changed into?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:56 am 
One Man Wolfpac

I would love to see a full Krieger backstory. He had such a great character design and a developmental path that was quite different from Morley - it would have been a fantastic arc.

kurtiswiebe wrote:
Thanks so much, Euge. I've really appreciated the constant support and kindness you've shown both Riley and I for this series. Your words genuinely mean a lot and I hope that we both continue to entertain you with your hard earned dollars in Debris, Panzerfaust, and Rebel Blood!

It's a deal - actually it was already a deal for a while :lol: I'm already really enjoying Peter Panzerfaust and I'll definitely be following your other moves and Riley's by picking up the new titles as they're released. I'm particularly excited for Debris since you're both working on it.

I'm excited to read your Green Wake world bible and I wish I could start digging into it right now, but the real world is calling and I have to answer for now... :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 pm 

danhill wrote:
Is there any chance of the research or threads of Krieger's story making it into another project?

I'm a sucker for WW2 stories. I had to ask.

I'd already been doing a lot of research for WW2 for Peter Panzerfaust, so I was already using some of that material to fill out the idea of Krieger. We'd pretty much nailed down what happened to him in the first arc, it was a pretty great story, but... who knows, I might still be able to use that sometime, so I'll keep it on the down low.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:03 pm 

Numero99 wrote:
Wow, that's a pretty cool framework to build a world out of. I liked the idea that they existed in both worlds simultaneously. It really could have opened up into some huge arcs about revealing the world of Green Wake or even a larger Green Wake Civil War - one side wanting to end Green Wake and the other wanting it to feed Hecate more sadness complete with Green Wake spies, double agents and whatnot.

Anyway - it unfortunate it ended as soon as it did, but I do have one request: For the benefit of those that have read issue #10 already - could you expand on the end of that issue; what Morley's role is, what Green Wake changed into?

Morley made the choice to stay in Green Wake and take it's power. Hecate said that Green Wake simply couldn't end or else everyone (or at least, what made them who they were) would die.

Essentially, he became Green Wake. Instead of taking new people into the town, he immediately sets them free. That's why there's only one building and why the skies are blue. He's made it his home.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

Kurtis, were there any other major historical settings (like ancient Egypt, the "Wild West," WWII, etc) that you wanted to work into the story, but didn't get a chance to?

Last edited by The Euge on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:14 pm 

Whaaaat? We've been denied more Krieger? Denied of the fuzzy coat, bowler hat and pinchable froggy cheeks??? :( I would've loved to have an arc from his perspective.

Even so, I thought you wrapped the series up rather well considering its early ending. Sad to see it go. At least we still have Peter Panzerfaust and Grim Leaper to look forward to.

Sorry, I have no questions. I just felt like adding my two cents that you did an awesome job with Green Wake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm 

Very cool man. Green Wake is one of those comics that I honed right in on as something spoke to me so even though it ended a bit earlier than intended, I'm glad its out there for people to enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

Felicity - don't forget Debris!! http://forums.imagecomics.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1311 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 pm 

And Debris, lol. Thanks. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next