Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Wake Explained Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 pm 

The Euge wrote:
Kurtis, were there any other major historical settings (like ancient Egypt, the "Wild West," WWII, etc) that you wanted to work into the story, but didn't get a chance to?

I had some plot ideas for characters in Babylonian times and, of course, The Senator, who I explained to be Brutus from Julius Caesar. He would've been a much more prominent character in the fourth and fifth arc, and his slow rise to power would've been a major component to the end of the series.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 pm 

Felicity wrote:
Whaaaat? We've been denied more Krieger? Denied of the fuzzy coat, bowler hat and pinchable froggy cheeks??? :( I would've loved to have an arc from his perspective.

Even so, I thought you wrapped the series up rather well considering its early ending. Sad to see it go. At least we still have Peter Panzerfaust and Grim Leaper to look forward to.

Sorry, I have no questions. I just felt like adding my two cents that you did an awesome job with Green Wake.

I knew that would've made you happy, Felicity. We'd long talked about Krieger's role in the future of the series and were both ready to dive into it for the third season of the series.

When I wrote Issue 9, he wasn't dead. When we decided to cancel the series, that changed. Haha.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm 

Numero99 wrote:
Very cool man. Green Wake is one of those comics that I honed right in on as something spoke to me so even though it ended a bit earlier than intended, I'm glad its out there for people to enjoy.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that. I'm glad you felt a connection to the series, I know I sure did.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:18 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

http://kurtiswiebe.wordpress.com/

Okay, so I cheated and read the Mythology of Green Wake on Kurtis' blog during a conference call. It answered so many questions in a way that was easy to understand. Of course, I would have liked to receive this information in comic book form, but it certainly helps provide added closure. Everyone who hasn't done so yet, read the Mythology blog post!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

P.S. I'd like to add that I *loved* the final two pages of Green Wake. So simple, so fitting and so profound.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 am 

Issue #10 wasn't in my pull box this week!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But I will find it...oh yes I will.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 am 
One Man Wolfpac

EdKeener wrote:
Issue #10 wasn't in my pull box this week!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But I will find it...oh yes I will.

Your LCS dude deserves a slap in the mouth. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am 

I concur. I'm going to start the search tonight, maybe. This weekend at some point for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:05 pm 

Very pleased with the end of this series (well, as pleased as I could be under the unfortunate circumstances :( ). The wrap up was handled very well. I was happy to see the closure that some of the characters received, though it makes me want more of their stories.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:25 pm 

very happy with the end of the series. while i didnt see the hecate part coming, i did kinda figure green wake was kinda in both worlds. kinda wish i didnt read that kriegers story was gonna be an arc, now i really wanna see that. id elaborate more but, typing on a wii is a beach. also when that frog guy said "et tu brute" and implied he was brutus, i got all giddy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next