Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Green Wake Explained Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:50 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Mike Boychuk wrote:
very happy with the end of the series. while i didnt see the hecate part coming, i did kinda figure green wake was kinda in both worlds. kinda wish i didnt read that kriegers story was gonna be an arc, now i really wanna see that. id elaborate more but, typing on a wii is a beach. also when that frog guy said "et tu brute" and implied he was brutus, i got all giddy.

I would pay $5 an issue to see Kurtis and Riley create a proper Krieger mini someday. Are you reading that, Mr. Valentino??? :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 am 

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. I am really bummed that I couldn't tell Krieger's story in full. Obviously he was Allied Intelligence but there was a great backstory around him that will never see the light of day.

I'm happy you gents enjoyed the finale, I was pretty worried that it would all come off as a convoluted mess, very glad to hear it was satisfying.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:57 pm 
M3K

My sincerest apologies that I'm just reading the second arc now. I know I'm late but my lack of funds/money has reduced my hobby of comic reading the past few months. I picked up the first issue of this arc but couldn't continue. But enough of my money woes, I was able to finally pick up the trade and it was a great follow up to the first book. There were some parts I felt definitely could have been paced better but it was only because I know you were expecting to keep on playing with this world before the whole cancellation thing came about. I'm pissed a book of this creativity, depth, and stature couldn't survive in the comic economy. It is this type of book that should be praised and welcomed but people just aren't following or giving it a chance.

I loved all the characters introduced and I loved the returning characters. The focus of Ishum was probably my favorite part of everything and loved the Hecate aspect, although I think I would have liked a longer scene. Morley taking Green Wake for himself and releasing everyone else was a beautiful touch. He found solace and comfort in helping people through their grief and guilt and it connects right back to the beginning of the series as he saw it was his duty to help people get accustomed to Green Wake. I love how we're introduced to him greeting someone on the boat in #1 and here he's releasing the last resident of Green Wake through the boat. Very subtle but effective touch. The Senator revealing himself to be Brutus was also a huge favorite part of mine. VERY nice!

It's really annoying again how we won't get anymore of this series. I liked how in the first arc we saw Esther in the background in one panel and she becomes prominent here. There were other intriguing characters we only saw for a few panels and I would have loved to see the ensemble cast get their focus. I sorta wish the story wasn't wrapped, that there'd be a possibility of a return to this town, but whatever the decision, I got a fantastic and powerful read out of it and it's high on my list of favorite reads. Writing was top notch, art was beyond effective and simply beautiful, great lettering. Wiebe, I am very happy you got to tell this story, knowing what inspired it and it being a personal journey for you, and I am very happy to say that I'm glad to have had the pleasure to experience this journey with you. Thank you for accepting me and others as your Green Wake residents for the time you had us and I know I'll continue to revisit again, no Morley can stop me! :x ;) (I'm considering in the near future doing a fan made short film of the book. Crossing my fingers I'll be able to do it given my busy schedule and lack of funds, but will strive for it)

BTW, please tell me you'll be at NYCC this year. I need to get another GW shirt, I think someone stole mine. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 am 

Greg,

Sorry for the very late response.

First of all, a huge heartfelt thank you for such a nice write up about your thoughts on the series. As I've said in a lot of interviews and to fans on this site and other places, Green Wake was a special series for me. It was deeply personal and was a grieving process. I somehow doubt that I'll write something so connected to me will happen for a long time, so Green Wake will always have a special place in my heart. I obviously love everything else I'm writing, but, yeah.

And thanks to you and everyone else who took a chance on a brand new writer and for the continued support you've shown my work. I wouldn't be around any more if it wasn't for the handful of faithful readers who believed I could make an honest go at this comic writing thing. It means a lot to me.

Thanks again!

Kurtis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:36 am 
One Man Wolfpac

While I would love to see Green Wake make some kind of comeback in the future, I wouldn't hold it against Kurtis for leaving it undecided for a while. What I *really* would like to see, however, is another Wiebe comic that has the same level of expertly-written, intense and deep narrative that we read in Green Wake. I don't care if it's about lawless assassins, a Wednesday night bowling league or telekinetic racoons -- if the narrative's there, I'm there 8-)

Of course, the three books Kurtis has out now are very well written and Grim Leaper # 3 especially had the kind of writing I'm talking about in this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 pm 

Any possibility that We could ever get another Green Wake series?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 am 
One Man Wolfpac

I suppose anything's possible, but I believe Kurtis has no plans to officially revisit Green Wake. I don't think he's ruled it out forever, but his upcoming series The Lineage is the closest you'll get to satiating that Green Wake craving this year (in a similar vein, but a different/unrelated story).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm 

Pronea112 wrote:
Any possibility that We could ever get another Green Wake series?

No, Green Wake is finished. It'll only ever be the 10 issues.