Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Green Wake is the place to be... a thread for us Wake-heads
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Ed made a great point about getting some conversation going in here, so let's get it going! Here's another fun thread to post your thoughts, musings and nightmares about Green Wake! :twisted:

While we're at it, Image Comics recently announced the upcoming Green Wake TPB #1! This is a fantastic way to experience this exciting new series and get ready for Green Wake issue #6 coming out on October 26 (just in time for Halloween)!!

BUY IT: http://www.imagecomics.com/news/66/

Last edited by The Euge on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Green Wake is the place to be... a thread for us Wake-he
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 am 

Hah, I didn't even notice they started a forum for me. Exciting!

Well, I just read this review last night and really enjoyed what the author had to say (as well as the perfect score, can't complain about that.)

"Image’s Green Wake series perfectly balances moments of grievous depression and undying love, and this supposed-to-be-conclusion is no exception. In fact, it’s the best issue yet. From the moment you open issue #5, you will be blown away by how deeply into Morley’s mind it dives, how mysterious the town remains, and how beautifully dark the conclusion is. Green Wake was only supposed to be a mini-series, thank god Image decided to make it an ongoing starting in October, because this is hands down the best new horror comic I’ve read all year.:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/comics/1611

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 am 

Cool! Hopefully I'll be able to get to the LCS this weekend, and pick up #4 :oops: and #5!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:03 pm 

I have them all!!! I was able to get #4 and #5 today at the LCS. Excited to sit down and read it all straight through! I'll be back with thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:12 am 

Finished it up last night. Man what a great story! Kurtis you have created a place that's creepy and beautiful all at the same time. The travel of Morley from the beginning to the end was great. The way the character grew as the story progressed was terrific. I'm very happy that we get to spend more time in Green Wake.

Riley's art was of course gorgeous and perfect for the story. His style complemented the story so well it drew you in to the dark corners of the world you guys created and held you tight.

Loved it!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:06 am 
One Man Wolfpac

EdKeener wrote:
Finished it up last night. Man what a great story! Kurtis you have created a place that's creepy and beautiful all at the same time. The travel of Morley from the beginning to the end was great. The way the character grew as the story progressed was terrific. I'm very happy that we get to spend more time in Green Wake.

Riley's art was of course gorgeous and perfect for the story. His style complemented the story so well it drew you in to the dark corners of the world you guys created and held you tight.

Loved it!!

Glad you're all caught up, Ed. Now don't ever get behind on Green Wake again! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:12 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

Just reread Green Wake 1 - 5 in one sitting. I thought the already great reading experience was even better in what amounts to a TPB volume. There are so many things I can't wait to see explored in more detail - especially seeing what it takes for someone to visibly turn more into frog form and what that means for a change in psyche.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:51 am 

It did read really good all in one chunk. I'm going to have to re-read it soon, just to make sure I've caught everything. This is one of the books that I can't imagine not getting the singles, but I loved sitting down and reading it all in one great story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:24 am 

The Euge wrote:
Just reread Green Wake 1 - 5 in one sitting. I thought the already great reading experience was even better in what amounts to a TPB volume. There are so many things I can't wait to see explored in more detail - especially seeing what it takes for someone to visibly turn more into frog form and what that means for a change in psyche.

Thanks a lot guys, I've gone back a few times myself and read it as a whole. I've definitely enjoyed it that way, but I also worked hard to establish some cliff hangers that would keep people coming back. I do love me some cliffhangers.

I've finished writing Issue #6 and the narrative is a tad bit different. Whereas Morley was the central figure, and the storyline followed his path in the first arc, the new arcs will focus more on Green Wake as a character. I'll really be able to dive into the heart of the mystery.

I'm pretty excited about the new arc, I've seen the first 6 pages and it is seriously messed up. Definitely the weirdest stuff we've put into the series so far.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 am 

That sounds cool. It was cool to see Morleys journey in the first arc, but you guys did a good job of establishing lots of elements of Green Wake to be explored. The next arc sounds like it's shaping up to be good.