Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Wake is the place to be... a thread for us Wake-he
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

And so ends Green Wake...

http://kurtiswiebe.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... reen-wake/

FUCK. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:34 pm 
M3K

This just ruined my day. It truly did. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm 

Yeah, it was a hard decision. Riley and I talked for 2 hours to come to it and it wasn't easy. We were both really upset, but unfortunately it had to happen.

For the record, it was OUR decision. Jim was very supportive and worked with us to figure things out. We're all really disappointed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:35 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

This was a beautiful, fantastic comic. It's a true shame that more people didn't give it a try. Thank you for really capturing my imagination while this lasted, Kurtis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 am 

so i just read issue 8 and did anyone else get really creeped out by perrys note? also it seemed kreiger was dealing with whatever action got him here, still really wanna see that.

this issue really reminded me i wanna buy some art from riley.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:21 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Yes to all of the above. I wonder how Kurtis is going to wrap all this up in two issues - or did he really only have one issue knowing that the show wouldn't go on? For such an incredibly intricate and layered story, a sudden finale must have been awfully tough to write.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 am 

The Euge wrote:
Yes to all of the above. I wonder how Kurtis is going to wrap all this up in two issues - or did he really only have one issue knowing that the show wouldn't go on? For such an incredibly intricate and layered story, a sudden finale must have been awfully tough to write.

It wasn't easy. I did my best, and Jim gave me an additional six pages for the issue, but keep in mind: I found out after issue 9 we were going to wrap it up, so I had to resolve 15 issues of plot in 1 issue. It's not poor quality, I think it's great, but it isn't paced like it's always been.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 am 
One Man Wolfpac

kurtiswiebe wrote:
The Euge wrote:

It wasn't easy. I did my best, and Jim gave me an additional six pages for the issue, but keep in mind: I found out after issue 9 we were going to wrap it up, so I had to resolve 15 issues of plot in 1 issue. It's not poor quality, I think it's great, but it isn't paced like it's always been.

Wow, I know it's going to be a tumultuous, head-spinning final issue. It's going to be really bittersweet, but I'm looking forward to reading the final two issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Mark your freakin' calendars, because on Wednesday, 2.29.12 Green Wake will be EXPLAINED: http://kurtiswiebe.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/green-wake-explained/

To coincide with the the full-on lamentable early release of Green Wake's final issue, Kurtis will be "posting a world bible and exposing every single secret of the town that [he] was unable to reveal in the comic series" on his Word Press. He'll also post a new thread here on the forums to answer everyone's questions.

I'll definitely need this epic closure because I think Green Wake is the first comic book ever to break my heart :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 am 

The Euge wrote:
Mark your freakin' calendars, because on Wednesday, 2.29.12 Green Wake will be EXPLAINED: http://kurtiswiebe.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/green-wake-explained/

To coincide with the the full-on lamentable early release of Green Wake's final issue, Kurtis will be "posting a world bible and exposing every single secret of the town that [he] was unable to reveal in the comic series" on his Word Press. He'll also post a new thread here on the forums to answer everyone's questions.

I'll definitely need this epic closure because I think Green Wake is the first comic book ever to break my heart :oops:

Gents, I just got the review PDF for Green Wake #10, it's glorious. I think the ending will be very satisfactory for anyone who's loved the series. That final splash page.... wow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next