Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peter Panzerfaust!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:19 am 

Picked up issue #6 this weekend. Unfortunately I haven't had time to read it yet. But I have and anxiously look forward to reading more!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:45 am 

Read it last night. It was good. It did seem like it slowed down a little bit, but I think it was a good thing. I just enjoy being able to spend some time in the world that Kurtis established with the story. And I know it's building toward the rescue attempt. I guess the only reason this issue seemed slow was the breakneck speed that was happening when the Nazi's overran the farm at the end of the first arc.

Either way the art is still fantastic, and the writing draws me in to the story. Loving every issue of the series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Glad you're all caught up, Ed. I'm tweaking to see the next appearance of Hook. I *hope* we see him sooner than issue #9, but I'm content to ride the story out wherever it goes.

The next three covers are full-on badass, BTdubs:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:44 am 

Oh man! That cover to issue 8 looks awesome. I may buy two copies of that just so I can frame one to hang on the wall in my office.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 am 
One Man Wolfpac

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:57 am 

The cover to issue #9 is so sick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Seriously, Peter Panzerfaust # 8 is by far the best issue in the series yet. This one was as put-together as the best issues of Green Wake, I totally loved it. This story continues to get better with age; it's gripping, touching and harrowing all at once. The scene with the lost dog at the beginning through to the mission to rescue Felix and AT LAST, the reappearance of Kapitan Haken, all excellent!!!

Bravo, Kurtis!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 am 

Completely agree with The Euge! Fantastic issue, and definitely one of my favorite books recently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

EdKeener wrote:
Completely agree with The Euge! Fantastic issue, and definitely one of my favorite books recently.

IGN was definitely impressed by the latest issue: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/peter-panzerfaust-8-review

They were raving about Nana the dog :lol: They're right though, I really like it when Kurtis hits one out of the park with thoughtful metaphors/symbolism, something he clearly excels at.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:28 pm 

The Euge wrote:
EdKeener wrote:

IGN was definitely impressed by the latest issue: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/peter-panzerfaust-8-review

They were raving about Nana the dog :lol: They're right though, I really like it when Kurtis hits one out of the park with thoughtful metaphors/symbolism, something he clearly excels at.

Thanks, Euge! I've been pretty happy with the final few issues of Peter Panzerfaust. You are going to love the next arc starting in June. Some pretty beautiful work by Tyler and Heather in a way you haven't seen before!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next