Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peter Panzerfaust!
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:22 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

DnMrdch14 wrote:
Hey Kurtis...I think you owe me 3.88 for the gallon of gas it cost me to pick up your book!

Haven't done that in forever but it was well worth the trip. Made sure my shop is ordering it for me now...

This book, among other terrific stuff Image is putting out, has caused me to throw the tea overboard.

I'm reading less and less of the Big 2.

I'm with you, HOWEVER, if Kurtis gets a gig doing Dr. Strange (he's made a pitch I think), I would seriously consider buying *one title* from the dark side :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 am 

It's an idea I've had floating around for awhile, but never actually pitched it to Marvel. I've been hearing that they are closing their doors to new talent. Too bad, really.

Guess it means I'll have to focus on my projects more. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am 
One Man Wolfpac

kurtiswiebe wrote:
It's an idea I've had floating around for awhile, but never actually pitched it to Marvel. I've been hearing that they are closing their doors to new talent. Too bad, really.

Guess it means I'll have to focus on my projects more. :)

If the door stays shut, it's their loss. Still, I think as you continue to crank out awesome stories for Image, eventually Marvel or DC will give you a serious shot on one of their titles and then something I previously thought was lame would suddenly be awesome :twisted:

It's your Image output that I'm mainly interested in, but I know you'd appreciate the opportunity to run with a "Big 2" book. Along with some of the other forums regulars here, I'd definitely give it a read. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 am 

With the recent cuts Marvel has made in books and going away from mini-series I'm not surprised.

Looks like they are interested in churning out the big selling titles as quickly as possible with the current climate.

Thankfully there's Image with titles like Peter. Hopefully they can continue to rise in sales for the right reasons.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:23 pm 

So is Peter Panzerfaust a mini or Ongoing? I Hope it's ongoing. KJW books are the Best

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:51 am 

Peter Panzerfaust is going to be roughly 25 issues. We're taking a 3 month break come next issue, the TPB comes out August and back into another 5 issues September!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

That's awesome, Kurtis - I'm glad people are really responding to this title, it deserves to be read.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:25 am 

SWEET!!! I thought I had heard there was going to be more, but now I'm super stoked. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:10 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Yeah dude, Peter Panzerfaust #4 is out tomorrow!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 am 

Picked up my copy of #4 last night! What a terrific story. Even though this issue had less action that the first three, the quiet moments made the last page even more touching than if it had been all out action. I'm really loving this book, and it's on the top of my read pile every month.

I liked how you explained how the stuff that happened with Wendy and Peter in the woods could be in the story, very believable and made the scene stronger. Giving us a glimpse of the small amount of happiness they were able to have at the farmhouse really made the last bit hit home for me. Fantastic writing!!

And Tylers art is great! I'm loving the style on the book.

Ok I guess that's enough gushing. Great episode in the story, great job!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next