Image Comics Community

Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peter Panzerfaust!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:16 am 
One Man Wolfpac

...carefully not reading Ed's post too much [teh spoilers!!]... I was too busy this weekend to read #4 :evil: Too many obligations with two concerts, yard work, a birthday party and catching up with some relatives. I will definitely get it done tonight though! Can't wait!

P.S. Ed, you need to give Grim Leaper a try!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 am 

There no real spoilers in my post! I was careful. :P

I might check out Grim Leaper. To be honest the concept didn't really catch me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:50 am 
One Man Wolfpac

Yeah, if you know it won't be your thing, that's different. I was a big fan of Quantum Leap as a kid and I thought Grim Leaper was a cool mash-up with comedy and horror. It's definitely not cerebral in a Green Wake kinda way (as it's not intended to be), but it's fun and worth a read (as it's intended to be).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:53 am 

Cool..like I said I might swing back around to it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 am 

Has there been an official announcement on Peter becoming on-going?

Some dude on Reddit doesn't believe me even though I linked the two discussions where Kurtis said it was so. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 am 
One Man Wolfpac

EdKeener wrote:
Has there been an official announcement on Peter becoming on-going?

Some dude on Reddit doesn't believe me even though I linked the two discussions where Kurtis said it was so. :mrgreen:

All I've seen are comments on Peter Panzerfaust going 20+ issues directly from Kurtis here on the forums and maybe on his FB page? Image Comics only lists up to # 5 and...

I just noticed there's a solicit on the Image site for the first Peter Panzerfaust TPB, tentatively due out on August 8th. Pretty rad:

Peter Panzerfaust Vol. 1: The Great Escape TP
Story by: Kurtis J Wiebe
Art By: Tyler Jenkins
Price: $14.99
Diamond ID: JUN120480
On Sale: August 08, 2012

The first volume of PETER PANZERFAUST, the critically acclaimed re-imagining of the Peter Pan story set in the backdrop of World War II France. Peter leads a band of orphans in their desperate attempt to escape the city of Calais as the Nazi army presses its advance deeper into the country. With impossible odds against them, the Lost Boys survive a series of dangerous adventures on their road to Paris, and to freedom.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm 

Nice!

Did you get my PM, Euge?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:52 pm 
One Man Wolfpac

As you know, responded, murch ;)

Finally finally got to Peter Panzerfaust #4. Wow, just wow. I started reading the issue and had to consult issue #3 to double check if I missed anything and I didn't. I had to remind myself that this story is told in a series of vignettes and there will be gaps in detail from one issue to the next, not a huge deal. It's a lot like Band of Brothers in this regard. Once I recognized that some time had passed with content untold between issues, I really latched onto this one.

This issue was by far the best so far in this series. It's the installment that got closest to the kind of raw and tragic emotional impact that we saw in Green Wake. It really felt like an abundance of heart went into the storytelling in this issue. Of course, unlike Green Wake, the only monsters we see here are in the form of tanks and heavily armed soldiers that are fighting with children caught in the crossfire. The scenes shared with Peter and Wendy were really touching and even though we haven't seen much panel time shared between the two, it still felt special. Tyler Jenkins' art again was very unique and creates a world that is unmistakably Peter Panzerfaust when you look at it.

Peter Panzerfaust #4 really had that trademark Kurtis Wiebe charm all over it. While I already enjoyed it, I'm liking Peter Panzerfaust more than ever now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:23 am 

I completely agree Euge!!

Kurtis...do you know of a way a fan could possibly get some of the art from the book? I could google Tyler and see if he has a shop front or something...but I'm lazy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 am 
One Man Wolfpac

EdKeener wrote:
I completely agree Euge!!

Kurtis...do you know of a way a fan could possibly get some of the art from the book? I could google Tyler and see if he has a shop front or something...but I'm lazy. :mrgreen:

Looks like you can get in direct contact here and see if any original pieces are for sale or if he'll do a commish:

http://www.tylerjenkins.ca/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next